Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spoilers...

janar707

:::

hi people

see , the thing is that i wanna make my own spoilers but i dont know how...

can anyone help me out

it would be great if it had pics also

:help: --->> :meet: -->> B)

• 2 months later...

Not really an easy one this. You need a little engineering knowledge, a bit of common sense, some patience and quite a bit of space .

Your first task will be to make a master model, you can make it out of anything you like as long as its reasonably robust(or you could buy a spoiler and copy it).

Next you will have to make the moulds, this is where you need the engineering knowledge.

When you make the moulds you must ensure that you can always get your part out so you must ensure that the part always gets bigger as it comes towards the top of the mould. With something like a spoiler you will have to make the mould in at least two parts(and probably the spoiler itself too, so you have to bond the two halves together after you've made them).

When people like Lotus cars make car bodies from fibreglass they make the body moulds in several pieces an have a system of joining those pieces together so the body is layed up in one piece, the mould is then dismantled leaving the body fully formed. The trick is knowing where to put the mould joints so you can take the parts off. In this way its possible to make something that apparently wouldn't come out of a mould.

For a very simplistic look at what you should be doing have a look at http://www.causeway.arts.btinternet.co.uk/...TURE/Gull_1.htm

Remember too that if you make your own design spoiler your master model must be as smooth as possible any surface defects will be replicated into your moulds and hence into your finished product.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links