Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Family Extended

Rex

:!Removed!: :!Removed!:

I am a proud Celica owner and my good lady wife has just purchased a 5 Door Graphite RAV4 (Don't get me started on being messed around by the main dealer!!)

Love the car , pleasure to drive and 10x better than her previous Renault Bean Can!!

Problem is when they sold it to us they made a big deal about having lovely 17" alloys, but no mention whatsoever that Toyota dion't make a hard spare wheel cover in this size (what should I do ? just 'stick a bin bag on it'!

£20,000 and I have to have some naff golden eagle type or 'humping rhino' cover??

Any of you guys out there got any infomation on whether this is true (lets just say our sales guy although nice wasn't giving up his day job for Nasa!) or where you can get a classy , pref colour coded 17" Hard cover

Any help (or pictures) would be appreciated

Thanks

Cutlers provided mine - black gloss abs cover disc with black elasticated PVC surround - think they are at wheelcover.com.

I have a Silver Granite and think the black looks quite smart (sorry biased opinion :D ) - they do some colours and will match for a fee I am sure ...

Toyota do not make a hard cover but talking to another RAV owner the other day he thought the std 16" cover would fit (same overall rolling diameter and width).

Let us know how you get on.

:!Removed!:  :!Removed!:

I am a proud Celica owner and my good lady wife has just purchased a 5 Door Graphite RAV4 (Don't get me started on being messed around by the main dealer!!)

Love the car , pleasure to drive and 10x better than her previous Renault Bean Can!!

Problem is when they sold it to us they made a big deal about having lovely 17" alloys, but no mention  whatsoever that Toyota dion't make a hard spare wheel cover in this size (what should I do ?  just  'stick a bin bag on it'!

£20,000 and I have to have some naff golden eagle type or 'humping rhino' cover??

Any of you guys out there got any infomation on whether this is true (lets just say our sales guy although nice wasn't giving up his day job for Nasa!) or where you can get a classy , pref colour coded 17" Hard cover

Thanks

I took the hard wheel cover off my Rav, as I preferred the hard disc ones with elasticated sides. It's now sat in my shed doing sweet f.a. so will measure it for you when it's stopped raining!

there are a couple of scratches on it (nothing that wouldn't flat out when prepped for painting). might even get round to selling it on eBay!

http://www.spips.co.uk/rav4

Phil

Cutlers provided mine - black gloss abs cover disc with black elasticated PVC surround - think they are at wheelcover.com.

I have a Silver Granite and think the black looks quite smart (sorry biased opinion  :D ) - they do some colours and will match for a fee I am sure ...

Toyota do not make a hard cover but talking to another RAV owner the other day he thought the std 16" cover would fit (same overall rolling diameter and width).

Let us know how you get on.

I, too, have a Granite.

The actual diameter of the 17" is very similar to 16" (if not identical) but the alloy and tyre is deeper so the 16" cover will not fit.

Personally, I think showing off the 17" 9-spokers is a great thing to do!! It's a good looking wheel and (no disrespect) better looking than the standard 5-spokers.

Mind you, if I ever have to put the spare on and dirty the tread and new-tyre-blue-and-red-bands around the spare, I'll think again about having it on display and uncovered!!

My Granite is Argenta, and one mod I would like to carry out is to spray the wheel holder Argenta (or a similar silver) as the black holder showing through the spokes looks a bit odd.

:!Removed!:  :!Removed!:

Problem is when they sold it to us they made a big deal about having lovely 17" alloys, but no mention  whatsoever that Toyota dion't make a hard spare wheel cover in this size (what should I do ?  just  'stick a bin bag on it'!

Thanks

Measurements are:-

diameter: 28 3/8" (72cm)

black back piece depth: 2 3/4" (7cm)

clip-on cover depth: 8" (20cm)

Hope this info. is useful Rex.

Cheers,

Phil

Formula 4x4 do a semi-rigid black cover to fit 235/55/17 for a little under £30 (or a bit more if you fancy it embossed with a horse or fish :eek: )

They can also add a graphic of your choice.

Have a chat with this Ebayer, she can even put a logo of your choice on a cover (at extra cost ), she may just do the size you are after :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

That's the same place I bought my replacement cover from. Didn't use eBay in the end, spoke directly to a girl called Claire - very helpful company :D

That's her, i asked about having the Toyota F1 logo on the cover, but it was £45.00 extra for the art work :eek: , so left it !.

Thanks to everyone for thei advice / help.

:D :D

We have purchased one of e-bay for £35 + p&p with the Granite logo which looks fantasic!