Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Acis

Jamesb4uk

Ok, i've been looking at info for the Cynos/Paseo for a few years now...

One question..

What the **** is ACIS????? :unsure:

J

i'm having ablond day lol.

was just happy when i got the car back sorted.....

turnd out to be a dodgy alternator connecter so they re-wired it..

J

hahaha, quick, dye your hair black and you'll be fine :lol:

see, i told you it coulda been connectors :P

that you did my friend...

looked ok to me but then again thats why i just bought a mechanics & electrical course....

J

lol really? meh, im planning to get the whole set of car maintenance books etc...but i just hate anything electrical...well, electronics specifically.

btw, what does it say on the acis manifold, does it actually say " acis " on it or is it something like " 16 valve efi... ", cant remember...just know its big and boxy

Yeah - i figured that the oly way i could get any work done on the car that won't cost me an arm and a leg i would have to teach myself..

yep - its got 16V EFI ACIS or something, i'll post pics tomoz.

BTW if i buy a non ACIS 5efhe can i use the manifold from mine?

J

i believe so, andrew as well as other people told me that you just need the 5efhe loom and ecu and the correct vacuum sources to make it work..i think

The simple answer is I'm not sure, Sera 5e-fhe doesn't have it, so have no working experience of them

• 2 weeks later...
yep - its got 16V EFI ACIS or something, i'll post pics tomoz.

J

I'd be interested to see what an ACIS system looks like fitted! I may want to fit one to my Sera which has the non-ACIS as standard.

Thanks a lot - that helps! I haven't been able to find very much concrete info about ACIS as used on these engines.

• 2 weeks later...

The ACIS bolts up to the engine and fits in the space just fine in a Sera. But, the throttle cable is now too short and the fuel rail fouls the throttle body very slightly. I see that the Cynos fuel rail has a bend in the pipe which avoids this.

Also, neither of the manifold braces or stays will fit. I wasn't too happy about no bracing!

Anyway it's for sale. It would fit any 4E or 5E engine, I think, with the above problems to bear in mind.

whats required to fit and make it work on a 5efe gen2 paseo? i heard of ecu & loom + tee'ing of a vacuum source etc...

whats required to fit and make it work on a 5efe gen2 paseo? i heard of ecu & loom + tee'ing of a vacuum source etc...

To fully recreate the factory ACIS system, you'd need a vacuum tank, piping, vacuum valve(s), and yes an ECU programmed accordingly plus wiring.

The ACIS valves have to open under low vacuum conditions, and also at high RPM.

Fot the first, you could simply tee-off a source of manifold vacuum and connect that to the actuator, thereby opening the valves at greater throttle openings. That's easy enough.

To make the valves also open at high RPM, I think you can get some kind of aftermarket device that triggers at certain RPM ranges. This could trigger a vacuum switching valve connected to the ACIS actuator. This is the tricky part... but I'm sure it could be done. I didn't plan to do this anyway, just having it actuated by vacuum.

how much are you looking for - just out of curiosity??

BTW - can anyone please tell me what the hell the unit is above my oil cap hooked onto my throttle line?

its the box shaped thing. Trouble is its not connected to anything & has what looks like 2 intakes & one output.

J

I'm after £40 for it.

The box appears to be (from looking at the parts diagram) a Vacuum Switching Valve. It's supposed to have two pipe connections, the top one goes to the vacuum tank, and the bottom pipe connects to one of the outlets on the cylindrical metal tube down in the manifold runners.

Are both the pipes on top of the vacuum tank connected to something..?

I can't see from the parts diagram whether it has an electrical connection as well.

Hmm - thanks Mark. i'll have to ask my Mechanic if its connected to anything... i'm ok with the absolute basics but still learning the rest...

J

£40 for the acis?!?!?! dude, i may even buy it...will have to let you know though as i have another (hefty) purchase pending...what will you give, just the acis or what? also is there anyone here who would know how to hook it up properly to make it function, opening the valves in the dual stage etc?

What I have is the ACIS intake - the manifold, top air tank and throttle body. I don't have the vacuum tank or other bits. I do have the end of the original throttle cable which might just come in handy.

The Badge that says '16 valve EFI-S etc' is no longer attached.

It apparently came off a 12,000 mile replacement engine.

perhaps i could get the other bits from andrew if he has them? in which case i could be quite interested, though i would need somebody in the surrey area that knows how to make it work properly cause im impatient / have to prepare for uni