Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Towing

jimbob

hi there i have a 96 auto previa & im considering buying a caravan has anyone towed with a previa? what are they like ? is there anything to look out for?

its a 2.4 petrol so there is plenty of power but never having towed a caravan before id be greatfull of any info you can suppy

cheers jimmy

hi there i have a 96 auto previa & im considering buying a caravan has anyone towed with a previa? what are they like ? is there anything to look out for?

its a 2.4 petrol so there is plenty of power but never having towed a caravan before id be greatfull of any info you can suppy

cheers jimmy

My husband and I had a previa and towed with it.. It towed lovely although we had a problem with the oil over heating in the gear box.. To keep it cool we had to put the heating on every now n then. Not so good on a hot day I can tell you.

couldnt tell you if this is a problem with all previas...

a fairly simple fix might be to fit an oil cooler.

should not be too expensive for the parts the only problem would be oil pick up and return.

might be worth getting it checked out if you tow alot.

• 2 months later...

Got a 1994/5 Previa 2.4 Gl auto A/C, and have twice towed a large caravan to switzerland and back. Had a second oil cooler fitted and it towed beautifuly. In fact the previa tows better than my 2 previous volvos 240

• 4 weeks later...

how expensive would it be to get an oil cooler and fitted .second, freddunn you said get a second cooler so i assume you now have 2 fitted ?. :huh::thumbsup:

how expensive would it be to get an oil cooler and fitted .second, freddunn you said get a second cooler so i assume you now have 2 fitted ?. :huh:  :thumbsup:

I got my cooler from kenlowe and had it fitted at my local garage. I think the total cost was around the £100 mark. This might sound like a lot, but is far far cheaper than a new auto box which is why you should always fit an additional cooler when towing.

I only fitted 1 extra cooler, as cars with auto transmission come with one as standard, but the standard one is only sufficient for normal driving.

Hope this helps

in the newer model what does the disel tow like.. also does that gearbox need a cooler?

• 3 weeks later...
in the newer model what does the disel tow like.. also does that gearbox need a cooler?

All vehicles with an auto box require an additional oil cooler if towing

• 10 months later...

I have just brought a 94 previa 2.4 petrol auto and will be towing a trailer tent perhaps 3 tp 4 times a year. will i need an additional oil cooler for the autobox ?