Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got A Turbo Timer....

Jimlad

Got a hold of a mad looking Starbo G-12 Turbo timer. Comes with a few other mad little box things as well. Wires all have loom like connectors on them, but havn't got a clue how to wire the bugger up.. or where to start.

Anyone ever heard of this TTimer, or got any idea how to wire it up?? It looks very mad with millions of functions etc.

ta!!

I have a Blitz TT, and had a nightmare wiring it up when i got it.

In the end i had to buy the Blitz Harnes for my car, just plug and away you go then !! :D

I had the starter re-cranking when switched off the key !!, :censor: the clocks on on minute of the next, stereo on .... then off :ffs: .....gave up after a week, and got the harness for £15

Saved my Day, and alot of effort. :yes:

But basically on the blitz one you have Power, earth, Handbrake, and ignition.

Now the ignition is what makes the engine stay on, (i think :P ) the TT kicks in when it notices you remove the key, and keeps the ignition live circuit on, but some how the stereo is not on, but the dash clocks are. :rolleyes: There seamed to be several ignition wires in the car. I had a test light, but i could not get it working, and i have fitted TT's in other cars before !! no probs ?? :huh:

The handbrake wire runs to the Handbrake, so the TT knowes if the HB is on or not. So if someone jumps in ya car, and drops the HB, the engine cuts ! :hokus-pokus:

Good luck ! - id recomend buying a harness, unless you know someone who really knows what to do :thumbsup:

There are 3 plugs (3 looms) and 3 boxes on it...

Its got about 15 wires in total...i think!

So no, i wont be fitting it! :)

Cant find any / much info on that TT, but the net seams to indicate that it has an auto start feature as well - may be thats why there are so many wires ??

It has got auto start but dont have a remote for it!

So can rule out one of the looms then...but which one???

Employ a small child to sit in your car for 45 seconds after you get out and he can turn it off!

Got your bumper on yet Jim?

Employ a small child to sit in your car for 45 seconds after you get out and he can turn it off!

Got your bumper on yet Jim?

Answer ;)

It has got auto start but dont have a remote for it!

So can rule out one of the looms then...but which one???

Sod all that

get on eBay...... Turbo Timers There are some HKS ones from £40, and others...we be NEW, have instructions and not 5 million wires and boxes to mash up the wiring in ya car !! :D

Sod all that

About right .. stop buying budget tat Jimlad .. get a GOOD timer, from a GOOD company that comes with GOOD instructions.

whie werer chatting bout TTs bibbs mate get a look at how urs is wired in for me mate as mines the same theres a subtle hint there someowhere,

and jimlad just get a decent non gimmicky one

It a US alarm (cheaper is got from the US). So it's not actually CAT approved etc ..

And i think the frequencies it uses are banned over here (but how would people know).

about to post some piccies of this mad starbo turbo timer....

Yay, I really can't wait .. thanks for letting us know.

:rolleyes:

ive got one but it involves a hammer, why did you buy it with no instructions?

ive got one but it involves a hammer, why did you buy it with no instructions?

To hit Jim with?

Bin it, get a proper turbo timer ..

has anyone looked on google? theres millions of threads started sayin i need help with one of these timers, not one has a reply! but go on mr2 owners club and ask tallbloke if he had any luck with his timer!

ive never heard of a scot wasting money before!!!