Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1996 Mr2 Turbo Engine.

*rollaboy

hey there,

i recently bought a 1996 3sgte engine with g/box, and everything else. as far as i know, its from a rev 4 car (i dont really know much about the 3sgte, im more of a 4age man) ....i was wondering, could someone who is in the know, point out the differences between the different revisions(concerning the engine) or simply point me to a thread. i did a search, but didnt see what i wanted to know.

also, the exhaust manifold is held on by 8 studs. im aware that other 3sgtes came with 7 and 9 studs. im mad to get a tubular manifold. does anyone know where i could buy one, off the shelf, to fit my engine???

any help would be appreciated lads,

rosco

thats great. a lot of very helpful info there. i still have one or 2 questions tho.........

it said in that thread that the ct26 was changed to a ct20 for the rev 3.....but im almost certain that mine is a ct26. it has no afm,and like i said ,it has an 8 stud exhaust manifold. might the exhaust manifold and turbo have been taken from an earlier mr2, and bolted on to my block??or is the 8 stud version unique to a certain generation of 3sgt??

and does anyone make tubular exhaust headers?

thanx guys :thumbsup:

thats great. a lot of very helpful info there. i still have one or 2 questions tho.........

it said in that thread that the ct26 was changed to a ct20 for the rev 3.....but im almost certain that mine is a ct26. it has no afm,and like i said ,it has an 8 stud exhaust manifold. might the exhaust manifold and turbo have been taken from an earlier mr2, and bolted on to my block??or is the 8 stud version unique to a certain generation of 3sgt??

Double double check th eammount of studs mate. There is no 8 stud as far as i know. It`ll be either 7 or 9. Ones pretty well hidden under one of the heat shields. :thumbsup:

Fensport MAY do the headers. Someone MIGHT have put a CT26 on but they would be mad to have done so....even most upgraded CT26's aren't as good as the CT20b.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Tubular manifold and de-cat downpipe. By XSPower. Fits MR2/GT4 with either CT26 or CT20b. :thumbsup:

Got mine on eBay £205 quid all in. They got several on eBay at the moment. Clicky HERE :thumbsup:

gallery_12498_75_1119904439.jpg

Tubular manifold and de-cat downpipe. By XSPower. Fits MR2/GT4 with either CT26 or CT20b.  :thumbsup:

Got mine on Ebay £205 quid all in. They got several on ebay at the moment. Clicky HERE  :thumbsup:

gallery_12498_75_1119904439.jpg

thats the one. got to get me one of those, theyre gorgeous.

thanx for the help lads, appreciate it. as u can see, i have a lot to learn about this engine. now, eBay here i come :P

Double double check th eammount of studs mate. There is no 8 stud as far as i know. It`ll be either 7 or 9. Ones pretty well hidden under one of the heat shields. :thumbsup:

i double checked it and it does have 8 studs. does anyone know exactly what model this came from. im starting to feel like the wool may have been pulled over me eyes

• 4 years later...

i double checked it and it does have 8 studs. does anyone know exactly what model this came from. im starting to feel like the wool may have been pulled over me eyes

rev3 you ahve there mate, they had a 8 bolt fitment to the manifold, theres one on eBay at min 2nd hand for 55 delivered! i was going to buy it but I need a 7 or 9 bolt fitment dammit lol

i wouldnt bother wuith the tubular manifold TBH, the crack and are not needed till well over 400BHP, im running 470 on a stock one.

most hybridised turbos are done on CT26s so no worries there,

doh thatll teach me not to look at the date :blush:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links