Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Help Urgantley

mr X

Can anyone please help me. i have found a replica veilside body kit for my celica 1994 gt for £350 from nicedeals.co.uk, the only problem is they are out of stock for six weeks, i have tried to get one from totalcarnage and this is there e mail reply........... hi eddie

a word from the wise

"YOU GET WOT U PAY FOR"

a jenuine veilside body kit is the highest possible quality and fits on the

car like a dream and will set u back a few grand, because they are such

great quality and easy to fit the bill from the bodyshop will not be as big

as it will for fitting a very poor quality copy that will never fit

perfictly, and it is easy to spot a poorly made kit.

we can get copy kits, they are good quality and are molded from an original

kit where as the one you have found is a copy of a copy.

we can suply a VS style kit for £547. or £746 with spoiler. is this true or are they just tryin to sell me one. i would be very gratefull if someone out there could help me out because i am very confused, thanks for reading my message and i hope to hear from someone very soon cheerz. paul. :wacko:

id personally spend a bit more cash than 350 on a kit the chances are ull end up paying the extra to the bodyshop in fitting cost on a bad kit

Replicas are a risk thats for sure - There are many stories of badly fitting kits around.

Trouble is you won't know if you are gonna get a good fit or a bad fit until it is literally being fitted to the car............

through personal experience gotta say its a lucky dip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

myself and my mate both bought replica veilsides from different suppliers.his rear had to b cut to fit and mine didnt!!

but his front fitted perfectly and mine was a right ball ache??

as for bodyshops from my experience they would tell u it was a crap fit even if it was a genuine veilside, just to charge u more.

if i had to do it over again i would do some serious reading up on the best bonding agents and fillers and do it all myself, at least then i would know the job was done to my standards.

word of warning if u do decide to have a veilside front THEY ARE VERY LOW do NOT have the bodyshop smooth the kit into the bodywork as you will be having it resprayed every time it touches the ground AND IT DOES!!!!

mine is lowered nearly 40mm and the spoiler has 4 inches of clearance

good luck and enjoy the lottery :D

sorry to sound all doom and gloom, just know what u are getting into!!

the results when its on are TRULY AWESOME I LOVE MINE TO BITS :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Replicas are a risk thats for sure - There are many stories of badly fitting kits around.

Trouble is you won't know if you are gonna get a good fit or a bad fit until it is literally being fitted to the car............

:thumbsup: thanks very much mate your a star. you have no idea how much you have helped me out, you deserve a medal. i am going to go for the replica kit and see what happens :D . just to be boring i thought id let you know, i have a friend who works in a body shop and he quoted me £500 for fitting and spraying, he is even going to do my quad lights as well, he did mention all the things that you said, and quoted that he has never had a body kit fit perfect yet, as for the bonding equiptment he uses sikaflex which i use at my place of work which is a window place and i do know its **** hot, so £500 for the lot done that also inludes sortin some rust on the cill and bottom of door, what do you recon mate <_< .anyway thanks again. i cant wait to do it now :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

no prob mate thats why i joined the club to be of help when i could be and to ask others to help me . glad your takin the plunge and goin 4 it you will b amazed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by the results.good luck :D