Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fast Idling On Corolla

dumbothe great

hi, i have a 1994 1.8 gxi corolla, just replaced the head gasket which needed to be done. All is fine exept its idle speed is 1200, why i do not know :ffs: :wacko: .

Rechecked timing and all vacum pipes all is fine, the car drives fine no loss in power on acceleration and doesnt stall no matter how hard i try it wont stall.

But it still idles at 1200 its got me going crazy :censor: , done everything i can do is there anyone who has some ideas please :crybaby::crybaby:

this might not work as i work on trucks but there is a bolt on the fuel pump if you screw this in or out the it adjusts the idleing speed. probably not the same on a petrol engine as these are diesels. could be the same tho.

Re-check all your vac.pipes - usual fault with idle speed.

Check your earth leads and harness connectors if you've had the cyl.head off.

Possible carbon/gunge build up around the throttle body butterfly or Throttle Positioner Switch(TPS) if fitted is out of adjustment (not going back onto Idle contacts).

Hope some of this helps ya out

i'm sure you've probably checked this already and im just being stupid but i've got an older (1990) GTI 16 and when i start up she idles ar 2,000 for a bout 5-10 mins till she warms up, then she drops to 800. hope it helps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links