Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Door Lock Failure

trob

1999 Camry LE:

My driver side power door locked stopped working. I am the single owner and no accidents have been involved. It worked great until about 6 mo. ago. Then it started working sparatically. Sometimes it worked sometimes it would not. Then about 2 months ago it stopped working completly. Now I must manually push the door lock, all others lock with remote. Can anyone explain what I should look for? Do I need to take the door panel off? If so how?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what year/model/spec is the car :)

Couldn't see it in the title....

had the same on my rover (sorry didnt mean to swear).......there should be a set of wires running from somewhere around the hinge of the door.......take the door panel off and check that they havent come loose......that was the problem with mine :thumbsup:

I poked around the door, looks quite complicated to remove the door panel. Any help on this or does anyone know where I can get some instructions? Should I be looking under the door panel or do I just need to remove the door lock plate?

• 7 months later...

I have the same problem with my 98 Camary LE. I had to take the panel off today because my window came out of track ( need help on this). Just remove the screws from the bottom, handle, arm rest, there is one in the front of the panel under a tab. The tricky one is on the back side of the door, one of hose push tab locks. Once all this is done lift up on it and pull it toward the rear of the car.

Trob you wrong fa dat, you gonna leave us in suspense? What became of your problem? What did you do to solve it?

TELL US!!

• 2 weeks later...

His "window lock" button was probably pressed.

( I did that once... I panicked when all my windows were down and wouldnt go up)

• 3 weeks later...
I have the same problem with my 98 Camary LE. I had to take the panel off today because my window came out of track ( need help on this). Just remove the screws from the bottom, handle, arm rest, there is one in the front of the panel under a tab. The tricky one is on the back side of the door, one of hose push tab locks. Once all this is done lift up on it and pull it toward the rear of the car.

Hi James,

I have the same model as yours. I want to change the driver side mirror

so I have to remove the door panel too. Would you please explain how to

remove the panel in more details, e.g., how many screws to remove and

in what order if matter? I am a newbie, your kind help would be very appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I still have not got around to working on this. I actually had another problem (water pump ruptured and broke timing belt), good thing Toyota's have a great warranty. While in the shop I got them to take a look at it, they said the actuator has died. They want like 250 or so to repair it. Anyone know a better place to get one?