Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aaaaarrrgghhhh!

daktari

Unbelievable.... I`m wanting to get my shiny bits all bolted on today. But i thought i`d replace some of the manifold studs as they were a litte pitted and renew all the nuts. Phoned my local MrT and asked for four studs and nine nuts...... reply. I`ve got one stud and 3 nuts...... OK. My fault really for not phoning sooner. How long to order? says I... Reply, Be here next TUESDAY.. :ffs: :ffs:

5 days to get some nuts and studs.... Is this a record? :unsure:

They're normally quite quick. Anything I've ordered has been next day (hmm just thinking that's only 1 item :D )

Have you tried phoning another place? Maybe another one would have them in stock and could pop them in the post??

Yes indeed i have. :thumbsup: WKB Toyota.. Waterlooville, to the rescue. Got a delivery coming to the Island Sat morning. Going to add my order onto it. Result. :D

cool - you'll have it on the road in no time :thumbsup: - good to see that you are doing it properly :D

If a job`s worth doing, it`s worth doing right. Cant rush perfection. :thumbsup:

That's the excuse I use for why it's taking so long to restore my 1974 DT175 :lol: :lol:

Is that the twin shock one. Used to have about three of them on the go at once. . Fantastic little bikes. :D :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep that's the one, just a bit of fun really - hoping to learn a bit about the basics etc, and enjoying sanding everything down for a respray. It's only done 11000 miles, but I was given it in 6 boxes. It had been stored in a loft for the last 22 years.

This was the bike after I had unpacked the boxes:

mainparts.jpg

otherbits.jpg

engineetc.jpg

I'm building it in the cellar :D

Looks like fun. :unsure: I got a `77 Silver Jubilee Bonnie out in the garage in more or less the same condition..... One day. :lol:

Yep that's the one, just a bit of fun really - hoping to learn a bit about the basics etc, and enjoying sanding everything down for a respray. It's only done 11000 miles, but I was given it in 6 boxes. It had been stored in a loft for the last 22 years.

This was the bike after I had unpacked the boxes:

mainparts.jpg

otherbits.jpg

engineetc.jpg

I'm building it in the cellar :D

Looks like it just needs finishing touches there!

I take it you've worked out how you're going to get it out of the cellar when it's finished?

:lol: just a few finsinhing touches!

If I take the wheels off I can get the frame round the corner and up the stairs (with the tank, seat and handlebars on) so between two of us we should be able to carry it out.

Biggest problem I've found so far is when Painting. I do a bit of spraying down there then go upstairs whilst it drys and you can smell the fumes coming through the floorboards! :D

You can just about see the corner of the settle in the first picture, I've currently got the whole bike on there to work on it - just a bit of a bugger to turn it around when I work on the otherside :D

All good fun

Looks like fun. :unsure:  I got a `77 Silver Jubilee Bonnie out in the garage in more or less the same condition..... One day.  :lol:

Always one day! You could save it as a retirement project :lol::lol:

Looks like fun. :unsure:  I got a `77 Silver Jubilee Bonnie out in the garage in more or less the same condition..... One day.  :lol:

Always one day! You could save it as a retirement project :lol::lol:

Yeah. It`s looking that way. I`ve only had it 12 years. :ph34r:

Just think how much it's appreciating as a classic whilst it's sitting there :D Should be worth a bit in 2056 as a classic - Just remember to save a bit of fuel with it as it might not be available by the time you finish :lol:

Just think how much it's appreciating as a classic whilst it's sitting there :D Should be worth a bit in 2056 as a classic - Just remember to save a bit of fuel with it as it might not be available by the time you finish :lol:

I thought they ran on coal.... :lol:

Ahh, it was one of these was it:

stbike1a.jpg

Sylvester Roper and his final steam bicycle.

Roper died of a heart-attack on 1 June 1896, while driving this machine at 40 mph on a local bicycle track in Boston.

This design weighed 150 pounds ready to operate. It had to be restoked roughly every seven miles.

Note the spoon brake bearing on the top of the front tyre. These brakes were notoriously inefficient, and stopping the weight of boiler and engine must have been a tricky business

The bit that made me laugh was he had a heart attack doing 40mph! :lol: oops shouldn't laugh at someone dieing - hmm feel bad now :ph34r:

Probably too much exertion from stoking the boiler to get it to 40. :D Where did he keep the shovel? :lol:

He probably had to have a mule walk alongside with a load of coal and a shovel, otherwise it only had a 7 mile range before he had to get his pick axe out and dig!! Or find the nearest coal station to fill up :lol:

It's quite impressive if it did go 40mph (wonder if the m is miles or meters??) Without goggles or a helmet on that would seem like about 100mph in a car

Yep. you`ve got to admire them for their ingenuity. We wouldn`t be where we are today if it weren`t for the likes of this chap. (Still think he`s a nutter tho) :D

Added to my watching list. Tis nice. But i think i`m probably looking at a CT20b..... Marc? Where do you park your car exactly??? :lol:

tea leaf :ph34r:

Nah.. Youir alright. The bus fare up there would be more than a new turbo anyway. :lol:

remember xmas is comming , and what can the wife buy a man who has everything.