Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modding

Lia TOC

Hi all,

Im a student.

Im new.

And Im a girl.

Need some help :help:

Im looking for things I can do to my car but need help with where I can get things done, and I have a low :unsure: budget.

So basically I wana know what will look good and not cost me too much.

I have got whell trims instead of alloys cause im saving for them :)

and im getting lexus lights. And bumpers sprayed.

But the front is abit plain :wacko: and im not sure what i should do to it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CAMSHAFT

• KidKoala

• Gnome

• Demonic Angel

Hello new student girl. Welcome to TOC :D . The best way to MOD a car is take your time. There are too many people driving around with badly modified cars or just unfinished cars because they rush into things half cocked. There are plenty of peeps on here who will be only too glad to help you with info and best place to buy things etc.

Enjoy your stay. :D :thumbsup:

If you are on a budget, why would you want to waste all that money on ugly expensive lexus lights that every chavmobile has fitted these days?

hi and welcome, like daktari said don`t rush plan it well, have a look roung the garages and see what you like and if ya need any help just ask :thumbsup:

link to garage search

Dont get lexus lights!!

I was in worksop the other day.... :P

get the back debadged that always looks nice

If you are on a budget, why would you want to waste all that money on ugly expensive lexus lights that every chavmobile has fitted these days?

In responce that sarcasit comment...

THEY ARE THE ONLY !Removed! THING I CAN AFFORD AFTER SPEND £4.500 ON MY YARIS!!!!

WHICH I WOULD RATHER HAVE THAN NO CAR AT ALL!

:rolleyes:

Hello Lia!

Do what you wanna do, not what others want, but be prepared for other peoples opinions, by posting you're asking for them really...

What I will say though, if you like something, go for it!

Check out my garage and see what you think... :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club,

mike :)

He wasn't being sarcastic, its a view shared by alot of TOCers

BTW Hi and welcome, i'm on a similar budget ie. absolutely zilch, so all i've done so far is fitted some stainless steel tubing on the exhaust which we had in the garage.

There are some cheap mods out there:

T-sport grills cost ~£30

Eyebrows ~£50

Have a look at Envy performance for ideas of what you can afford.

Ed

I'm on the same budget too! I have just taken my time and now I think my car is nearly finished, just a few more things to do till I'm satisfied! :D

Hello new student girl. Welcome to TOC :D . The best way to MOD a car is take your time. There are too many people driving around with badly modified cars or just unfinished cars because they rush into things half cocked. There are plenty of peeps on here who will be only too glad to help you with info and best place to buy things etc.

Enjoy your stay. :D  :thumbsup:

i totally agree with daktari on that one. just take ur time. it will all come together in the end. that basicly wot i have done. i always make sure i have got the oney before i buy anythin. never use my credit card :P

Something that hasnt been mentioned...

If you do any modification to your car, you WILL have to tell your insurance company, and it is more than likely to put your premium up.

So doing any mods, could end up being very expensive...

The opinion of a lot of members is, if you try and mod a car on the cheap, it will end up looking cheap, and in all honesty, your better off with a standard car if thats the case.

Matt's Debadging suggestion was a good one though - no need to tell insurance, and can look very good.

Hi Lia

Although I'm not new or a student (well I kinda am, but part time!) I am also a girl (well one out of three aint bad! lol)

My cars not modded as such, a lot of mods really arent to my taste, however what she does have has cost me all of about £15, thats a Richbrook disc holder and devil horns on the badges, plus I have some custom stuff thats being done for me hopefully, but I'm on a very tight budget too as although I work full time, we bought our first house a year ago so all our money goes on mortgages, bills, cats and food, so we have little money to spare!

Just remember, its not a race where you have to come first - you do what you can, when you can afford to - dont overstretch yourself - if you have to save for 5 months to get what you want then do it! But its not a race, just take your time and you'll reap the benefits later! :group-cuddles:

take your time, as they say good things come to those who wait, and as in the case of the yaris good things come in small packages :lol:, pick bits ya like and save for them, every once and awhile some people sell things round here and some bargins can be had, like my turbo is £2800 pounds new and i got it for €850 euro a steal, so be patient, a good example is Ross who is doing his car bit by bit and its starting to turn into a sweet car :thumbsup:

Or do the real cool and unusual thing like me, and leave it standard.

Just decorate it with a TOC sticker in the rear window, and a TOC gold sticker in the front window, and you're sorted....

If ya want an air filter, i got one for sale too. ;)

Oh, and welcome by the way. Initiation process demands you take some revealing pics of yourself, and post them on here for me, err.... I mean, all of us to enjoy... :D

Id say debading and painting calipers is about the cheapest. You either like the devil horns or not ... but they are a cheap subtle mod.

Oh yer - and devil horns.

They make me horny!

:D :D :D

My car is classed as "modded" now cause its got horns (apparently!)

So that means Zanipolo is "modded" too my dear! :lol::lol:

PS - I'm hornier than you are! :lol::lol:

I agree with Fidgits. Just keep it minimal and make sure that what ever you do, it all goes well together. Otherwise it'll look pants. Some poeple go around with massive 18 inch wheels which stick out of the side of the car and they think they look 'cool'. But it looks g4y.

Wheels and lowered suspension (TTE springs) is a good start. Coloured wing mirrors look good too. Look at camshaft's sig - you cant go wrong with that - it looks good. Save on labour charges by doing things yaself or get a mate to help ya.

Or just buy a T-sport! :thumbsup:

DOM

Look at camshaft's sig - you cant go wrong with that - it looks good.

thanks lad, yea my car was a nice bog basic yaris with black bumpers, look at it now...................................................

..........what a balls ive made of it :lol:

a good example is Ross who is doing his car bit by bit and its starting to turn into a sweet car :thumbsup:

Do u mean my car Robie??

Welcome to the club btw Lia. :D

You'll love it here, everyone that has a yaris knows that its not wot u do to it, its how u u do it (to ur own personal taste)

id say your best bet is to pool some cash and get yourself a nice set of 2nd hand rims, some good ones pop up here on the site occasionally

then get it lowered, thatll cost around 150quid to accomplish and will compliment any alloy wheels nicely!

IMHO these are the two best ideal mods

as for insurance on my own experience, alloys added about 45pounds and springs added roughly 30 i think

Oh, and welcome by the way. Initiation process demands you take some revealing pics of yourself, and post them on here for me, err.... I mean, all of us to enjoy... :D

You sad sad man..... :ph34r:

a good example is Ross who is doing his car bit by bit and its starting to turn into a sweet car :thumbsup:

Do u mean my car Robie??

Welcome to the club btw Lia. :D

You'll love it here, everyone that has a yaris knows that its not wot u do to it, its how u u do it (to ur own personal taste)

that pile you drive eaa NO :P ,RossP from Cyprus, he his doing it bit by bit and now he has a sweet car

that pile you drive eaa NO :P ,RossP from Cyprus, he his doing it bit by bit and now he has a sweet car

I forgot about RossP

Sorry :blink:

I forgot about RossP

Sorry :blink:

would not want to give you a big head of anything :lol::thumbsup::drool::drool: