Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seo Clutch Issues

agnesx

Hi guys,

I think my clutch is having some issues and looking at getting it replaced, about how much am I looking at and are there any recommended places for ‘good’ mechanics in melb, Australia?

After my 2 months ordeal with ultratune, I am never going back to them ever again (set my car on fire, caused damage and refused to pay for repairs on the basis I can’t proof that they were the ones that did the damage).

I think it’s the clutch… because if I accele hard usually I can 1st gear to 40km/hr and 2nd gear to 80km/hr and the pull is good and constant, after that in 3rd it gets a bit soft on the pull…

But now… I can only 1st to 30km/hr if I accelerated more in 1st it will just make more noise but no more pull… 2nd gear now only pulls me to 60km/hr and don’t really pull on hills…. Sounds like a clutch eh? The cars done 250,000kms and I have only done 50k of those, I don’t know when the clutch was changed last….

Many thanks guys

sounds like a worn clutch to me, not too sure how much itd cost to replace, im thinking £200 - £300??

went to toyota dealer and got qouted for AU$950 for a clutch job, same job with same parts at ABS is only AU&540... got a few more places to call, car's struggling up some hills now, not happy..........

$950 au is about £400...meh, not too far off. hah, i know what you mean, my mums uncle had a knackered old mk2 golf and itd struggle to drive up our hill, he'd have to stick it in 3rd and crawl up at like 5mph

my clutch went on mine recently, toyota quoted me circa £150 for parts, then it was a case of getting it fitted.

if your revs are climbing without the car picking up speed when you press the throttle, then the clutch is most deffinately fubar.