Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Problems ? Help

jf2404

Hi all, i'm gonna goto my local Toyota dealer for this problem, but i thought i'd ask all you experts here first.

Recently whilst driving i'm getting a squeeky noise when braking (like a quiet whistle), now it happens when i'm changing down gear around corners, turning left or right and (sometimes) happens when i'm just driving straight.

When i take my g/f to work in the morning it doesn't seem to do it, but when i pick her up a good 7 hours later it does it going and comming home, (although night and the day it has roughly the same amount of time parked up).

It's a 53 reg so firstly will it be covered by Warrenty and second, what the hell could it be ?.

I admit i know nothing about cars, so i'd like an idea before i goto Toyota and they say i need a new car :D

Hopefully someone can help me.

thanks

John.

Its got a warranty - so use it matey!

Take it to Toyota and get them to diagnose and sort - its the best way to do it - and best of all - it'll be free! :thumbsup:

I had a T3 before the Blue and it developed a squeak from the front driverside wheel when braking and cornering, took it back and they said the brake was binding so they took it off, readjusted it and cleaned it all under the warranty.

It was an 04 Reg btw :thumbsup:

I took it in this morning, went for a drive with Mr T and it didn't do it once (!Removed! typical), after i explained what had been happening he said it sounds like it just needs cleaning as it shouldn't need new brakes after just 21k miles.

I thought fine , do it , until they wanted £80 just to clean them ????, it cost me £100 for a full service at the same place.

Said for just cleaning it, it wouldn't be covered under the warranty.

Well another job for my dad to do after work tonight :D

If that's what they said, then they'll wanna charge.

Don't froget the price will include labour, and they'll probably chuck in some obscure parts too...

£100 for a full service? Which Mr T garage was that at?

If that's what they said, then they'll wanna charge.

Don't froget the price will include labour, and they'll probably chuck in some obscure parts too...

£100 for a full service? Which Mr T garage was that at?

Teeside RMB