Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Verso W58811 Headunit Removal?

muammer

Hi is there a guide or website or any kind of advice to remove the headunit of a Corolla Verso 1.8 mmt? The Badge of it says "Toyota W58811" and it has the typical NAVI button on it. Together with the screen and buttons of the electronic climatisation system all the face seems to be together. There is no screw or anything under the knobs.

How can I remove this unit?

• 3 weeks later...

Quite easy to remove.

1. Pull off the two sections of the dash with the vents, either side of the headunit. You will have to disconnect the power to the 12v socket

2. Remove the two screws holding the air conditioning control unit. Then pull the unit out removing the two cable connectors

3. There are then four connections for the headunit. Two bolts at the underside towards the front and two screws, low down further back. The screws are quite difficult to access, a long screwdriver is required.

4. Then pull out the headunit, removing all cable connectors.

• 1 month later...
Quite easy to remove.

1. Pull off the two sections of the dash with the vents, either side of the headunit.  You will have to disconnect the power to the 12v socket

2. Remove the two screws holding the air conditioning control unit.  Then pull the unit out removing the two cable connectors

3. There are then four connections for the headunit.  Two bolts at the underside towards the front and two screws, low down further back.  The screws are quite difficult to access, a long screwdriver is required.

4. Then pull out the headunit, removing all cable connectors.

Thank you for the explanation however I want to be sure if we are talking about the same head unit. What is written on yours? W58811? All the folks around talking about W58810, not 11. My car dos NOT have a full color screen. Just regular B&W LCD.

My car is a Verso 1.8 with tiptronic gearbox, model year 2004.

Sorry, didn't read your post correctly. My corolla verso doesn't have the W58811, it has the W58810.

However, I don't have a colour screen only a black & white LCD.

I would imagine the fixings for the two units would be the same. Although they may have different rear connections.

• 1 month later...
Hi is there a guide or website or any kind of advice to remove the headunit of a Corolla Verso 1.8 mmt?  The badge of it says "Toyota W58811" and it has the typical NAVI button on it. Together with the screen and buttons of the electronic climatisation system all the face seems to be together. There is no screw or anything under the knobs.

How can I remove this unit?

Hi There -

You need to remove the left and right air duct 'wings' next to the centre console.

Use a thin flat blade or similar and slide it in between the 'wing' and the dashboard at the bottom where the 'wing' ends. Lift the 'wings' to unclip. Mine is a right-hand drive and the left air duct 'wing' is more difficult to release as it has an additional metal clip holding it. This is probably where the left-hand drive's ignition button is attached. Work carefully! When done, you will see the radio/cd console screws.

I have only removed the aircon. console before, not the radio/cd console, so you may need to remove this first. Also removing the air duct 'wings' first, you'll see that there is a screw on either side of the aircon. console. Then gently pull the console out holding it at the bottom to unclip the left and right side clips.

Regards

Erwin

• 3 months later...

<snip>

You need to remove the left and right air duct 'wings' next to the centre console.

Use a thin flat blade or similar and slide it in between the 'wing' and the dashboard at the bottom where the 'wing' ends. Lift the 'wings' to unclip. Mine is a right-hand drive and the left air duct 'wing' is more difficult to release as it has an additional metal clip holding it. This is probably where the left-hand drive's ignition button is attached. Work carefully! When done, you will see the radio/cd console screws.

<unsnip>

Just a quick note on this, I have the Toyota docs that show how they recommend to remove these two small sections of trim. The procedure is to put some tape on the dash near the top gap, then insert a special tool (flat piece of plastic!) and careful lever the TOP off first (not the bottom). Then you can pull the whole unit out. You need to be very careful not to use any metal tools or lever too hard, as you will damage the dashboard itself...(hence why in there own procedures they protect it with tape before levering).

I have the perfect tool for removing this. I brought a Brodit mount (you know, the ones designed specifically for a car where you just clip it in and don't have to drill dash etc). These come with a small piece of tapered plastic that they call a "gap opender"....Works perfectly.

Cheers,

kleen

• 12 years later...
15 minutes ago, Stu2456 said:

here is a link to a youtube clip to show you it visually....

The topic is 12.5 yrs old mate.

Yep, I realise that but if it helps someone else then thats the only reason I added it!