Do Not Sell My Personal Information

88 Mr2 Engine In 84 Camry

Camry_Kid

I have an 84 Camry LE 4.0L. I am wondering if a 88 MR2 engine will fit. Anyone who can help in the least bit would be wonderful. I want to get it running soon. Also, what is the maximum horsepower you can get into one of the MR2 engines?

Thank you for any help!

not sure if it will fit but know the power lol....

theres a previous post with exact details but rev3 turbo was 245bhp as standard, very easy to get it above 300bhp and the limits then are your budget, the engine is used in the states for competition engines and have eseen them up and above the 700bhp mark with some very serious modifications.

OK so I'm a fool... rev turbo is a 3s-gte....

the mk1 (88)_ had the 4a-ge, if your thinkning of that maybe you would prefer the 4a-gze supercharger enigne which is good for 212bhp

That 212 bhp is the stock amount on the 4a-gze supercharger enigne?

Thanks for all the info. by the way!!

Is the engine designed for a rear-wheel drive car? If so, can it be modified to fit a front-wheel drive car? You are most helpful!

3s-gte is for a front wheel drive car,but noticed you have a 4.0L car whats that kicking out at the mo.

If you look at the post where i helped ericawellman camryman.org should be able to sort out that beast :thumbsup:

Actually I had a little typo... it was early, or something. It is actually a 1.0L. I think I was thinking about it being a 4 cylinder and screwed up. Anyway, I was not thinking!

3s-gte is for a front wheel drive car,but noticed you have a 4.0L car whats that kicking out at the mo.

If you look at the post where i helped ericawellman camryman.org should be able to sort out that beast :thumbsup:

3s-gte is used in mr2 turbos and celica's, thought both were RWD ???

Oh dear :fishyface: I was just assuming cos dawesy has one fitted to a fwd rolla that it was designed for fwd car only :ph34r:

sorry. Mistaken again. The engine is a 2L. Im pretty sure of it this time. Sorry for any confusion.

3s-gte is used in mr2 turbos and celica's, thought both were RWD ???

OK MR2 is RWD

CelicaGT4 is 4WD

Caldina (with3S-GTE) is FWD?