Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wider Tyres On Cts 16"

Strange Smell

I have a t-sport on standard 16" alloys. The size is 195/55/16, but there are hardly any tyres that fit that size. Does anyone know whether the CTS can safely take 205's without any modification. This would allow me to buy decent tyres, such as P-Zeros or SO2s.

I'm a bit worried about wider tyres either scrubbing on the wheel arches or slipping off the rims.

yes you can go for 205/50/16 it is a better size.

yes you can go for 205/50/16 it is a better size.

Agree. Problem is not arches, problem is the narrow wheel used (6.5' I think...) Some people say that's too narrow for 205s. However I know of several people that have 205s fitted on stock whells and are perfectly satisfied with them. I still have 195s on (Yokohama c.drive) but I am looking forward to replacing them with 205s Toyo T1R soon...

SKG if you are keeping the stock wheels 205 is a must,it really does give you that little extra round sharp corner's i had 205 on my cts since day 1 :thumbsup:

ps:no money for wheels upgrade :(

replacing them with 205s Toyo T1R soon...

I binned the standard Bridgestones at 19,000 miles for the Toyo's.

Snert

SKG if you are keeping the stock wheels 205 is a must,it really does give you that little extra round sharp corner's i had 205 on my cts since day 1

Yeap, really looking forward to this! Thanks for accelerating my decision! :D

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys

interested in this cos before my CTS i had a impreza turbo with 16/50/205 and i was thinking whats to stop me doing the same for my CTS? mines got the full color screen sat nav - wont a tyre change affect it?

thanx

• 3 weeks later...

Dragging an old post up :bookworm:

I'm about to get some new rubber for the CTS and was going to settle on Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD 3's in 205/50/16...

Does anyone have any full-lock problems, i.e rubbing? or any other niggles with running 205/50 tyres?

Cheers

Steve :D

Dragging an old post up  :bookworm:

I'm about to get some new rubber for the CTS and was going to settle on Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD 3's in 205/50/16...

Does anyone have any full-lock problems, i.e rubbing? or any other niggles with running 205/50 tyres?

Cheers

Steve  :D

you will have no problem what so ever,there are people on here using 17" 215 tyres and they are ok too

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links