Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Handbrake Rem - Clarky Did It?

admanirv

Hi, im repalcing my handbrake and i need to take the actual ahdnbrake cover off to fit an aftermarket one. im sure clarky wrote a tuorial but cant find it anywhere!

any one know the link?

Ill summarise:

1. Got to argos and get a dremmel (use a credit card to pay)

2. Take out the two front seats and cover back seats with a dust cloth

and as much of the interior as you can.

3. Use the dremmel to work through the plastic cover until you reach the metal - try to break the 'circumfence' as it will release the grip.

4. Fit new handbrake sleeve

5. Return the dremmel to argos and get a refund.

it is surprisling hard!!

If you are really strong you *can* take it off in one piece...

Trust me mine wasnt coming off without mechanical assistance

You dont have to tell me :P after about an hour i decided to cut the !Removed! the thing and that took ages as well when the nieghbour came along and said what are you doing.... and he went and twisted it and pulled it off... :blink:

you must have loosened it for him Matt!

Hi, im repalcing my handbrake and i need to take the actual ahdnbrake cover off to fit an aftermarket one. im sure clarky wrote a tuorial but cant find it anywhere!

any one know the link?

I thought you were selling your Yaris so why put an aftermarket one on now? Or have I missed something..... :huh:

Ill summarise:

1. Got to argos and get a dremmel (use a credit card to pay)

2. Take out the two front seats and cover back seats with a dust cloth

and as much of the interior as you can.

3. Use the dremmel to work through the plastic cover until you reach the metal - try to break the 'circumfence' as it will release the grip.

4.  Fit new handbrake sleeve

5. Return the dremmel to argos and get a refund.

You forgot 6

shout and swear alot :lol:

:P

any one know the link?

I thought you were selling your Yaris so why put an aftermarket one on now? Or have I missed something..... :huh:

well after much agro i finally got the ******* off!, must say it looks loads better than stock.

thanks clarky and co, for being test :P dummys and telling me how to do it.

true i was going to get a glanza, but i decided against it they are absolute rockets but my t sport even though isnt as fast, look lots classy, well i think with stuff i have done to it. and i think its 9 year old car too! - people we have theses whim thoughts sometimes :P

Im waiting a bit only need to save 2-3 grand and i have decided to get...... sorry about this one but a vauxhall nova 2.0! there ace!.

haha no not really, im getting a second honda s2000, in 2 month ish

not bad at all mate - glad u got it sorted ..

thanks fella, yeah i just grinded the little ***** with a grinderette, melting it and **** but if finally just slided off, well worth the agro!. Looks nice now, with the leather and chrome

take the seats out?

i didnt take the seats out i did push the seat fabric away and moved it backwards and forwards as far as possible, i sat in the passenger side, as the handbreak sit more closly to the driver seats so you need to be careful will psot some pics up later today

What you didnt treat the neighbours to the site of you kicking the car and generally getting red faced then ,,

What you didnt treat the neighbours to the site of you kicking the car and generally getting red faced then ,,

I would of but the neighbour would be squirrals, birds and other creatures of the feathered variety! :P

I did it @ my parents house and they live in the heart of the lake district ennerdale.

:rolleyes:

You lucky sod ... my favouite place in the world is the lakes. We escape there as often as possible. Good driving roads round there too - particularly fond of the road from Penrith to Keswick and then down to Ambleside.

As we drive up I can actually feel all stress and worries just dissapear after junction 36.

Damn wish was there right now...

Oh - and Im glad that you kept the car mate - you know it makes sense.

You lucky sod ... my favouite place in the world is the lakes.  We escape there as often as possible.  Good driving roads round there too - particularly fond of the road from Penrith to Keswick and then down to Ambleside. 

As we drive up I can actually feel all stress and worries just dissapear after junction 36.

Damn wish was there right now...

Oh - and Im glad that you kept the car mate - you know it makes sense.

oh man! :D , yes i always go on the penrith road when i goto my parents house, i just find the roads there so slow, compared to down south.

Basically get to cockermouth roundabout then turn left, and 10mins times your in ennerdale.

Penrith and keswick road is nice, have gone past keswick on that winding road? its mad! its when you over look the lake.

I found it is a stress relief too, the lakes is slower life than what im used to in portsmouth. Newcastle is better though thats where my dad lives!.

Yes keeping yaris until i get s2000, hopefully this "asp.net" job comes up!. I was impressed by yaris on motorway on m6 keep pulling away :thumbsup:

Get the perrin pulley and sports header and you'll be even more impressed with motorway driving. It makes the car more flexible in terms of revs - less down changes and more torque.