Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mp3 Help

G6AArgh

Hi everyone, the mp3 player on my headunit isnt working (wont play just says error) i have tried deleting everything on it then putting it back on but still nothing and i am in a bit of a hurry cos ive got to shoot off to london for live 8 later on tonite and wouldve liked to taken some mixes that i have on mp3 with me for my mates, so ive been trying to burn them on to cd, but the problem i have is that there is no definition between tracks, and a lot of the mixes are listed as one track (the longest being 3.5hrs) so media player wont burn it saying "will not fit" what i dont know is how to either insert track breaks or set up my player so it just fits what it can onto the disc. I am fairly sure it can be done but i am really struggling to sus it out. can anyone shed any light??

For starters don't burn an MP3-CD with Media player, it sucks. Just use nero or something (even windows XP's own CD burning software). Just copy the mp3 files onto the CD and burn it that way. That should work.

i am not rying to burn a mp3 cd i want to convert to and burn an audio cd (so i can listen in the car) but it comes up as one track lasting over 80min so wont do it.

use nero to "make audio cd" drag the mp3 files over one at a time.. and burn them.. should be able to play the cd in the car

use nero to "make audio cd"  drag the mp3 files over one at a time.. and burn them.. should be able to play the cd in the car

Here lies the problem for our fellow TOC, it's not that simple....

"a lot of the mixes are listed as one track (the longest being 3.5hrs)"

That ain't going to just copy onto a CD, that's what he's getting at, is there a way to break up the single mp3 file into say 70 minute chunks?

use nero to "make audio cd"  drag the mp3 files over one at a time.. and burn them.. should be able to play the cd in the car

Here lies the problem for our fellow TOC, it's not that simple....

"a lot of the mixes are listed as one track (the longest being 3.5hrs)"

That ain't going to just copy onto a CD, that's what he's getting at, is there a way to break up the single mp3 file into say 70 minute chunks?

Ah! ok.. plenty of free MP3 splitters and joiners.. everyone has there own likes/dislikes on programs.. so look here .... not being funny.. but there are lots, it's take your pick time. :thumbsup:

once the mp3 file has been split into seperate files, burn as per what i said above. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help guys but it was a bit late by then, i did the 4.5hr drive to london with the radio and some old tunes on cd but will have a go at doing it when i get back on sunday (seeing as i doubt i can afford to get my player fixed/replaced for some time) ive got a feeling that everthing inside this concert could be a total ripoff today some of the conditions on the tickets are F****d up. cheers :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links