Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gmax Springs..who Got Them?

eternity575

i really want my yaris lowered..

kevin suggested the tein over the g-max.. but money IS an issue..

i was wondering.. how "bad" are the g-max.. that much difference between the tein and the gmax? i also know that the g-max are 40 mm and the tein are 30 mm..

wont i get "bumped" by speed bumps and holes in the road?

quick answer would be cool cause i want to give my money to kevin as fast as i can lol

hehe

:P

Ok - first off the Tein is supposed to be a 'better' make,

I have the Teins and they are 35mm front and 38mm back - I run 16s and have absolutely no issues whatsoever. The difference front to back is designed to 'balance' the car. I find them stiff without rattling your teeth out.

GMAX are 40mm all round and I know Chuck04 has had rubbing when the cars fully loaded - I dont and we both run 16s. Dont know how stiff they make the handling.

ok... im still with stock wheels.. and no one ever sits in the back.. should i have problems?

better "make" means.... what? its only springs lol...

did chuck had any problems with them?

I guess in theory the springs will be made from higher quality materials etc .. ?

I didnt think the price difference was that great at the time - hence I thought that Id go with the better ones.

Chuck only has issues when fully laden and he has 16s.

You should be absolutely fine with the GMAX if thats what you want - especially with the standard rims.

i just want lower... much lower..

how much difference u got in the price? kevin didnt answered me yet with the answer for that..

when u look at ur and chucks car side by side.. can you actually see difference between 35mm and 40?

thnx for answering so fast.. its nice to know there are more people like me.. bored rofl

Dunno how much the price difference is - if I remember right it cost more to fit them than to buy them!

Heightwise - Ive never been parked next to Chuck so cant say - but since I have the booster front lip - I'd guess mine looks lower than his - certainly from the front.

Its a friday and I cant go out cause I got to drive to newcatle tomorow - to see Envy!

could u check out the price difference for me m8?

also if u can ask them if there are booster lips for the p2?

im trying to get an answer by mail but it seems they r really busy lately...

Yeah - lots of car show here right now - so they are mad busy.

Personally I usually call and ask rather than mail

I paid around 140 for the springs and 120 to fit I think .... there some GMAX ones on the UK eBay right now if that helps?

i have jamex and i think ill probably end up buying some Eibach or tien ones as they seem "weak", its like the shocks are stiff but the springs arent, i think you get what you pay for tbh

Gmax springs are about £100, and lower 40mm

Tein are about £150 lowers 35mm front, 38mm rear.

Should be somewhere near £100 for fitting.

The Tein springs are Jap, and should be much better quality than the gmax.

I was going to get the gmax springs, but for the £50 price difference I thought I would get the better one's, so I went with the tein's, the 3mm difference between the front and back equals the car out (look wise), but with the gmax springs it looks out of balance.

It's your choice at the end of the day

I have 40mm p.i springs (gmax) on 16's and have no rubbing,even with 4 in the car ! The handling is good and they dont break your back ! I got mine from e-bay £100 :thumbsup:

hmmm... mixed emotions everyone? :)

gmax tte or tein... i cant decide

what about the tte?

TTE only lower 30mm.

i have the gmax springs and im on 16" wheels as well. and i havent had any trouble with scrubbing. and i had my first full load the other day and had no problems. not even had any issues with speed bumps. just make sure i dont hit them at speed

im on my stock t-sport wheels with the gmax springs. suspension is alot stiffer, and handling is very good. had no major problems with them tho. one or two speed bumps i have slightly caught the front protection strips, and my exhaust had caught bumps too when ive had a full load. but generally, im very pleased with them. i'd recommend them!

Yeah i agree but if your on a budget then you got no choice, or you could just wait and save up for the coileys, better in the long run, yaris's aren't that high standard.

yeah i saw the tte ones.. but they r 30 mm ... me want 40! booohooo

how much did u get them for?

£51 plus NO postage cus ill be picking them up cus they aint far away!

i thinks me got a gud deal! :D

Tom!

£51 plus NO postage cus ill be picking them up cus they aint far away!

i thinks me got a gud deal!  :D

Tom!

LOL Tom :lol:

your so funny sell them :thumbsup: then buy them cheaper :rolleyes:

nice one !

To be honest i had the TTE springs before my tein coilovers,

and the ride is about the same, handles great.

but it handled great on the TTE springs too and no rubbing.

The teins are good if you want to lower it more.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links