Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What To Look For...

SamK1984

hey guys. have decided i want a gt4 st185, and after going to santapods japshow a couple of weeks ago, decided i DEFIANTELY want one :D ive been looking around for a month or so now. just wondering if any of you have any tips for what i should be looking out for, or even wheres a good place to look? thanks alot.

Hi Sam welcome to TOC. :thumbsup: Gen5 GT4 eh??? What a sensible chap. :yes:

Usual things to look out for are signs of misuse, smokey engines, Noisy turbos, Noisy transmissions. The car should drive and brake straight. Allowing for any camber in the road of course. Rust isn`t really an issue unless there`s been some poorly repaired accident damage. Galvanised body on these boys. Try to avoid anything thats been modified, unless it`s comprehensively detailed, or you wont know what your dealing with. Best to buy an unmolested motor and modify it yourself if you want to.

If possible buy from a reputable dealer with a decent warranty, that way IF anything does go wrong you`ve got some recourse. Try and drive as many as you can, this`ll give you some comparrisons. Don`t be tempted by the first shiny one you see :lol:

Try looking on Auto Trader website CLICK HERE to get some idea of prices. May even be some local to you.

Thats all i can think of at the mo. Doubtless some of the other chaps`ll be along to offer advice too. Good luck and happy hunting. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi mine is for sale, although I do have interest, I can add you to the list of those interested if you wish.

brief spec:

91 JDM full leather, cruise con, electric folding mirrors, electric lumbar and bolster support, CD player, metallic black, alloys with new tyres, full MOT, new exhaust, looks the danglies & very sexy, 270BHP max with stage 1 modifications, professionally fitted low mileage uk engine, a rare, solid, still factory restriced, clean ST185 GT4.

The only in the country in this collour with factory leather :D

All proceeds from sale go towards my 165 GT4 project.

If you want a proper one, with nowt to do and nowt going to go bang, then this is one to consider.

send me a PM or email if you want to see pictures and want a full report.

cheers.

Karl

yea ive tried autotrader, closest ones to me are around 80-100 miles away unfortunately. Went on a road trip to nuneaton on sunday to see a couple, one was supposed to be a fresh jap import, looked like it had been sat there for months, looked like the turbo was leaking too, after the test drive the engine bay was full with exhaust fumes!

after looking thru some of cubics posts for reference lately i can say without doubt he knows his ****akes

.....buy it ....

:thumbsup:

oh come ON...its japanese MUSHROOM!!!!!.... filter needs tweaking

after looking thru some of cubics posts for reference lately i can say without doubt he knows his ****akes

.....buy it ....

:thumbsup:

oh come ON...its  japanese MUSHROOM!!!!!.... filter needs tweaking

:lol::lol::lol:

some good advise above.

when i got mine i was lucky, the guy was honest enough to list everything that needed fixed so i droped how much i was willing to pay accordingly. after a test drive i fell in love.

one thing to remember on the test drive, short change into 3rd at the first bit of road that you'll be able to go fast legally on. make sure you start off at about 2K revs and put the foot to the floor, if the revs climb quicker than the speed then the clutch is likely on it's last legs or FUBAR if the res shoot up and the car stays at the same speed :lol: make sure you keep going till about 4.5-5k revs to ensure you dont get slippage when coming on boost, early warning sign