Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jaguar's Gone Mad

Carrera_C

My Mum's Jag X-Type has gone and taken a funny turn...

Went to unlock the car and none of the keyfobs would unlock the car.

Unlocked it with the key, alarm went mad, started car, alarm shut-up.

Boot decided it doesn't want to unlock at all.

Passenger side window won't go up either (went down fine though).

And this all happened this morning.

Called out the wee Jag dude (as it's only a 04 plate so still covered by the warreny)

He thinks it's Gembox(I'm assuming it's cyber brain) has broke, so that's us one car down.

Good to see that Jag are trying to stay true to their commitment to quality :D

Jaguar's Gone Mad, Just goes to show, that it's just a Ford

I have to fully agree with you for I see they now have a Diesel Engined version and an Estate car in their model line up these days :blink:

Jaguar's Gone Mad, Just goes to show, that it's just a Ford

I have to fully agree with you for I see they now have a Diesel Engined version and an Estate car in their model line up these days :blink:

The Browns Lane crowd would die of shame. And thats what it is, a shame.

But then you`ve only got to look at other manufacturers. BMW now have a 3series and 5 series touring. Porsche have a 4x4 off roader (Yeah right) What next? Ferrari will be knocking out 500BHP shopping trolleys. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Wouldn't happen on an E-type!!!!

I knew it was very very very worng when Ford took over.. next thing you could buy a FWD diesel jaguar estate...... :crybaby:

Jaguar X Type = Ford Mondeo with jag Badge - nuff said.

And the Jag estate......just a jag with the rear from a Volvo V40 Estate grafted onto it.

I went to look at the Jag X-Type 3.0 V6 4WD before i bought the supra, took it about 1mile down the road and turned back.

Dealer asked me what i was doing and i just told him that i instantly hated it

Not like when i test drove a brand new Mitsi Evo 8 FQ330 :D I liked that a lot! :lol:

its prob got a new TDCi engine which power wise for a diesel are too shappy shame its stil a ford tho

aint the jag diesel got a Peugeot Engine?...or am i mistaking it for another car?

I can tell you that the Jag X-Type is ALL Ford Moneo running gear under the body.

But don't mistake it for just being a mondeo, it's interior is far superior...

Still prefer my Celica though :)

Nice to be able to sit in comfort when you've broken down :P

Nice to be able to sit in comfort when you've broken down :P

Bit like putting Range Rover interior in a Land Rover innit. :lol:

The interior in an X type is very "ford".

A bit of leather and some dubious plastic that looks vaguely wood like fools no one!! its the ways its layed out, and the way it feels that gives it away!!!!

Um...

Don't you lot remember what Jaguar quality was like before Ford took over?

The computers would crash (square-fronted XJ6), the rust was rife, they were sold from the same showrooms as Metros and Montegos. Ford have worked wonders on Jaguar's quality and image - especially in the USA.

A

What next? Ferrari will be knocking out 500BHP shopping trolleys.  :crybaby:  :crybaby:  :crybaby:

Well yes, although technically it's called a Spyder :D :D :D

Paul.

It kinda makes you wonder what your paying for if you can get the same for a few thousand quid less and get a Mondeo...... :lol:

The mondeo is still not very good though......

I had an ST-220 for a bit as my company car (is that the top of the range one???)

The interior was very nasty and plasticy.. yes jap cars have plastic interiors, but the plastic in my toyota feels less plasticy. None of the switches had a satisfying "clunk" to them.. from brand new, by the ripe age of 6 months, it had had a new rad, a new ecu and a new gearbox!

Its onlly saving grace were the rather nice 18s, and leather recaro seats...

Rep mobile on steroids it was :lol:

The reason the Jags were rubbish in the lates 70s and 80s was because of the unionists, and the fact that the leftie car builders were too lazy and incompotant to build proper cars, and were more interesting in striking and being a PITA then building decent cars...

this isa bout the same time Rover went from a maker of quality cars, to unreliable sheds.. Even the Rolls Royces and Bentlys from that eara were at their worst... -This is also the time where the Germans were making some of their most solid cars (look at the build quality of a BMW or merc from that eara, they seriously were engineered like TANKS!) and come the 80s the !Removed! were beginning to make desirable cars, ten years previously any jap car was pretty much a joke! (bar a couple I can think of).

Doesn't anyone one else think a diesel FWD jag is just wrong?? They have "cheapened" the brand. The American market is notorious for being brand snobs (hence Accura, and Lexus).. Ford needed a "quality" name to sell their higher range tat stateside........