Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest Pics.

daktari

Been a busy week. But at last i`ve got most of my other jobs outta the way, and i`ve got all the parts needed to fit the manifold and de-cat,

As well as a few other bits and pieces as i go.

gallery_12498_193_1120333877.jpg

New studs fitted ready for manifold. I`m also replacing most of the nuts and bolts with stainless items as i go. :D

gallery_12498_193_1120334000.jpg

Manifolds on and bolted up. Looks purdy. If you fancy attempting this yourself either grow 3foot long fingers or invest in some decent offset spanners. It`s a pain. :lol:

gallery_12498_193_1120334192.jpg

Thats the turbo on. Again long fingers help. :D

Tomorrow i`ll get the downpipe on and start putting all the pipes etc back together... If i can remember where they go. :unsure::unsure:

thats sooooo shiny it hurts my eyes! hope u dont end up with too many spare parts at the end of it

...where did this go... o it must be a spare :lol:

VERY nice mate!

the down pipe should only take about 20 minutes to put on, lol when i was fitting mine it took 8 hours to get the old lump out! and 5 minutes to get the new one on :P

Yeah i must say it all goes together very nicely. Done a test fit and it was perfect apart from one lug on the head that had to be trimmed slightly. :thumbsup:

I`ve got most of the engine bay sorted now. But trouble with the intercooler. It don`t fit :crybaby:

This pic shows why.

gallery_12498_193_1120510504.jpg

So with a bit of help from my friends below.... It does.

31153l.gif

Olympia_Industrial_High_Tension_Hacksaw_Shop_Tools-resized200.gif

9560.jpg

Just got to replace the rad and a few bibbly bob bits and hopefully the old beast`ll fire up. :unsure:

looking good mate, what sort of power gains are you expecting?

Not a hoooge ammount. I was running with a gutted cat before. But i had a cracked manifold as well. Hopefully it`ll just add a few more ponies and maybe help the torque curve a tad.

I think i`m going to look into getting a FMIC. i had to butcher the top mount a bit :yes:

Should help a bit with future mods i`ve got planned as well. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

So. After a bit of reshaping to fit :ph34r: the top mount now fits like a glove. Also got a few other bits fitted and the downpipe fitted as well - no dramas there. :D

gallery_12498_193_1120750547.jpg

All that remained was to fire the old thing up and see what went bang.

Problem 1/ It wouldn`t start. Injector solenoid resistor unplugged.

Problem 2/ Lumpy tickover. Air leak in vacuum pipe - sorted.

Problem 3/ Clanking from cylinder head. :eek: Refitted EGR valve - Problem solved.

So now it`s ticking over at 800RPM. Rock steady. Oil Water temps and pressures spot on. Throttle response seems crisper too. I`m a happy chappy.

And now ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. I give you the finished article.

gallery_12498_193_1120751061.jpg

gallery_12498_193_1120751127.jpg

gallery_12498_193_1120751208.jpg

spunktacular matey !!!!! !Removed! good show old boy

Cheers bloke. Not happy with the air box tho. I can feel a spot of sheet metal fabrication coming on. :D

fully stainless or aliminiummmmmmmmmmmm ?????

Ah... probably aluminimumminimumin...um. :lol:

looks very good -

I reckon - temps will be reduced.

at low rpm scavenging will be most effective and will increase low and mid range torque - power later in the rev range might suffer tho due to lack of flow and scavenging....

nowt that can't be fixed though - anyhow whilst I theorise, I await a full report over the weekend :D

looks very good -

I reckon -  temps will be reduced.

at low rpm scavenging will be most effective and will increase low and mid range torque - power later in the rev range might suffer tho due to lack of flow and scavenging....

nowt that can't be fixed though - anyhow whilst I theorise, I await a full report over the weekend :D

Have to be next weekend i`m afraid. Still got wheel bearing and a couple of other bits to do.

incidentally i stuck the old gas tester up the exhaust ( :eek: Painfull :lol: ) And the emissions are down to .9 from 1.1 Dont know which particular modification did that tho. :lol:

Worried about the paint coming off me bonnet tho. Tis awfully close. :huh:

you could try mounting a ram air duct and feed a cold air pipe up towards the manifold?

hurry hurry :lol: test it out.... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Had to have a dramatic rethink over the weekend after a test drive.

The manifold is cooking the top mount and causing all sorts of mischief. So.. I`ve got some exhaust wrap to cover up the shiny bits :crybaby::crybaby: and now got a cossie FMIC winging it`s way to me. I`ve had to remove the standard rad fan and replaced it with the spal fan i was using on the top mount. This has been located on the opposite side of the rad as it`s a pusher not a puller. This in turn has left a huge amount of space for the FMIC plumbing. All i got to do now is to sort out the pipe work. :thumbsup:

Does this mean you are mounting the FMIC behind the rad?

Surely it would be better in front? Obviously you'll end up with a longer run of pipework though.

No its going in front, down by the lower grille. But i had to make room on the engine side of the rad for two lagged 60mm pipes. These somewhat dodgy pics will give you an idea. :D

gallery_12498_193_1121700314.jpg

gallery_12498_193_1121700331.jpg

Still not sure on the work front. Trying to arrange cover but i`ve got my fingers crossed.

Provided the stuff turns up by wednesday i should have it ready with the aid of some midnight oil. :thumbsup: Bit concerned about a 200 mile trip without testing anything but i`ll turn the boost down, take my tools and pray. :lol:

Dak, any update on your plumbing installation?  :)

Nah. Slight delay. The intercooler has still not turned up. Was kind of hoping it would be today. Contacted the chap i bought it off last Friday to be told ' Sorry i bin working 12hr shifts - post it tom (Sat)' So hopefully tomorrow i`ll be able to make a start, in the meantime i`ve fabricated a nice new stainless cold air box. Pics later. :thumbsup:

PS. Getting impatient now. Like a kidie at xmas. :lol: