Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Live 8

gordypix

OK - Had a tiring but fantastic day out in Hyde Park and I can say I was there.........

Here is the Line up for the day and my personal thoughts on each:

1 - McCartney & U2 - Good

2 - U2 - Very Good

3 - Coldplay - Understated and subdued but worth seeing

4 - Richard Ashcroft with Coldplay - Excellant

5 - Elton John - Excellant

6 - Pete Doherty - Needs help.....!!!

7 - Dido - Good Vocals but sleepy music

8 - Yusa N'dor - Love this Man & his music

9 - Stereophonics - Rocked the Place

10 - REM - Boy is Michael ever weird with his masks - shame they didn't do Losing My Religion

11 - Ms Dynamite - Had her 15 minutes of fame but OK

12 - Keane - Great Band

13 - Travis - good to see them Live at last

14 - Annie Lennox - Amazing Voice

15 - UB40 - Can't tell you, Fell asleep listening to them...............

16 - Snoop Dogg - WOKE the place up after UB40 - Excellant & Charlie Wilson is ACE :thumbsup:

17 - Razorlight - Gotta Buy that Album :thumbsup:

18 - Madonna - Gotta give this LAdy Props - She came good

19 - Snow Patrol - I like this band

20 - Killers - I gotta see more of this Band :thumbsup:

21 - Joss Stone - Sleepy Stuff but AMAZING vocalist - Would ROCK the USA if she went there

22 - Scissor Sisters - Fun Band & Mad as Cabbages

23 - Velvet Revolver - Crowd didn't really know them, Slash played well and wen't walkabout briefly

24 - Sting - One of a Kind

25 - Mariah Carey - I went for a Mexican Veggie Wrap while she was on, Crowd were chanting for Robbie during her set................

26 - Robbie Williams - Stole the Show with his antics and crowd interaction :thumbsup:

27 - The WHO - Legendary Brit Rock Outfit, EXCELLANT :thumbsup:

28 - Pink Floyd - Not as Good as they once were but heck - I've seen 'em.................

29 - Macca - He's Macca for heavens sake :thumbsup:

Special Performance by BOB GELDOF - EXCELLANT - I really wanted to see him do that track.............................. :thumbsup:

My favs from the day:

The Who

Bob Geldof

Razorlight

Robbie Williams

Snoop Dogg

Killers

Overall a very good day out and I hope they achieve what they want.

The atmosphere sonded pretty pants from the crowd on TV. 'The gold circle' seemed to spoil it as they weren' as interested in the music as the rest of the crowd and it seemed as if the real crowd were too far away, particularly from the mikes, to make a decent atmosphee.

Where were you standing and what did you think of the atmosphere?

:P I was out clubbing whilst Live 8 was on but they had it on the big screens in the club , The DJ stopped playing his music when Robbie Williams started his set and we all did our thing to Robbie instead it was amazing :group-cuddles: you could feel the love, dont think my boss will think I am the quite girl any more :thumbsup: But Robbie was good B)

I watched a handful of acts on TV - saw U2, Coldplay, Richard Ashcroft and the first bit of Elton John.

Then on the way to the cinema listened to the Killers, Joss Stone & Scissor Sisters.

Gutted I missed Madonna though - I'm a huge fan and apparently she was brilliant - luckily it's recorded on the SKY+ box so I can watch it today! :thumbsup:

Me and Rich were talking about this yesterday - and we're both in agreement that poverty needs ending - all people have a right to a decent life, whether you're born in Ethiopia or Ealing..... and its great that the concerts generated awareness to these causes..... and it'll be great if the G8 leaders come to an agreement regarding third world debt, write it off etc, however a lot of these poor countries are run by corrupt governments who wouldn't let their people benefit from this extra money - we need to stop these corrupt governments as well, so that these people can live in a democratic society and be free of corruption.

Thats just my 50p on the subject! :thumbsup:

I didn't realise Robbie was going to perform Angels..I knew he was going to do the others but was shocked to read in the paper today that he performed it!!

I saw Coldplay with Richard Ashcroft but that was it, missed the rest!

however a lot of these poor countries are run by corrupt governments who wouldn't let their people benefit from this extra money - we need to stop these corrupt governments as well, so that these people can live in a democratic society and be free of corruption.

My thoughts exactly, there are people literally starving to death while these dictators drive around in Maybach's & Rolls Royce's, if we just give them a load of money it will just go towards more luxury cars & mansions. I'm not sure how, but we've got to make sure this money makes a difference to the people's lives who really matter: the people who are starving to death that cant afford enough food to survive and/or basic medical supplies that transform lives drastically for a few pence each.

Oh yeah, and as for the show, I pretty much watched all of it on & off, missed a few sets but saw most, especially the last few hours, at first you couldn't really get a feel for the atmosphere but then they must have pointed some mics towards the crowd because you could really sense the atmosphere.

Thought Robbie Williams was excellent as he always is, the guy's a born entertainer and then at then end where every1 sang Hey Jude, brilliant end to a brilliant night by the look of it. Didnt see any1 who didnt do themselves justice.

Saw a fair amount of it on TV... very much enjoyed... :)

Tho Ms Dynamite wasnt very good imho... and neither was Paul Doherty... (he deffo needs help)

Coldplay should have done some different oes form X&Y its a stunner of an album imho... *shrugs :P

I didn't watch it out of principal... :yes:

The atmosphere sonded pretty pants from the crowd on TV. 'The gold circle' seemed to spoil it as they weren' as interested in the music as the rest of the crowd and it seemed as if the real crowd were too far away, particularly from the mikes, to make a decent atmosphee.

I was to the right of the Golden Cirlce near the food area so had a good view(ish).

The atmopshere was muted at times but deep in the crowd was where my friend was and apparently it was rocking there............. :yes:

A lot of the people at an event like this don't care what it's all about but want just to see their favs play the stage.

Beckham was a waste of space when he introduced Robbie :yes:

Does anyone know if its true that the semi-circle of people at the front that were cordoned off paid hundreds of pounds for the best tickets and the free ticket holders were behind the cordon?

Does anyone know if its true that the semi-circle of people at the front that were cordoned off paid hundreds of pounds for the best tickets and the free ticket holders were behind the cordon?

NO - the golden circle were made up of sponsers, winners of competitions, relatives, liggers etc.............

NO - the golden circle were made up of sponsers, winners of competitions, relatives, liggers etc.............

Didnt think it was true. It just didnt seem right to me.

ooooh did anyone see when Coldpaly were on - Gwyneth was there holding baby Apple ......

That kid is just gorgeous! I want one! :lol::lol:

Em, I've got some apples going spare, I'll bring one to JAE for you !

Did anyone see Muse at the Paris concert?? As usual they blew away everyone else.

i think that is because they did not put mics on the crowed and they realized and then put mics on the crowd

I watched a handful of acts on TV - saw U2, Coldplay, Richard Ashcroft and the first bit of Elton John.

Then on the way to the cinema listened to the Killers, Joss Stone & Scissor Sisters.

Gutted I missed Madonna though - I'm a huge fan and apparently she was brilliant - luckily it's recorded on the SKY+ box so I can watch it today!  :thumbsup:

Me and Rich were talking about this yesterday - and we're both in agreement that poverty needs ending - all people have a right to a decent life, whether you're born in Ethiopia or Ealing..... and its great that the concerts generated awareness to these causes..... and it'll be great if the G8 leaders come to an agreement regarding third world debt, write it off etc, however a lot of these poor countries are run by corrupt governments who wouldn't let their people benefit from this extra money - we need to stop these corrupt governments as well, so that these people can live in a democratic society and be free of corruption.

Thats just my 50p on the subject!  :thumbsup:

so true something should be done abt tht

I got back from live 8 about 2ish today, it was one hell of a long day yesterday but like gordypix says i was there, and it was well worth the effort (i very nearly didnt go) i totally agree about most of the acts and the highlight was def robbie and of course macca and i finally got to see U2 live which ive wanted to do for ever (note to self must see them next tour) and of course some legends who i will probably never see live again.

Now all we can do is hope that the point of yesterday and next week has not been missed by the powers that be.

take a look at this ebay makes me wish i had stood outside collecting passes from people and got a shed load of programs, or would this be the same shameless profiteering off the backs of starving children that we saw when people were selling their tickets on eBay? is there a difference? if so why?

take a look at this                          ebay    makes me wish i had stood outside collecting passes from people and got a shed load of programs, or would this be the same shameless profiteering off the backs of starving children that we saw when people were selling their tickets on ebay?  is there a difference? if so why?

Talking about profiting from a non-profit event - they're selling photos for a fiver! :ffs: :ffs:

Thats sort of greed makes me sick when there are children dying every three seconds - anything for a bit of f :censor: ing cash. :angry::angry:

I wasn't using my Pro camera at this event but took my Digi Compact and took a few shots from where I was standing.Here's one of BOB:

gallery_1599_33_1120416817.jpg

Corr how tall are you Gordy?

You seem to tower over the rest of the audience!  :lol:  :lol:

:lol: Thank goodness for tilting screens on digi compacts allowing me to see what the lens sees............... :lol: