Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Speedhut Dials Question/issue

KiwiMR2

Right I e-mailed Speedhut about some replacement dials. As there is no KPH option I sent a photo of my dash....J-spec so 180kph on the dial. They sent me an e-mail back saying it's IDENTICAL to the UK turbo so order the "MR2 180 mph TURBO" and say I need it in KPH. Now that has arrived it has 280 kph on the dial.......it doesn't look right, when Im REALLY doing 100 kph it's gonna be like 140 kph.

looking at the e-mail now Im home it seems they DID tell me to order the UK 180 MPH ones and ask for them in KPH, I did indeed order them and this is what I got:

Speedhutdials.jpg

so rather than just putting kph on the dials the have actually CONVERTED 160 mph's into kph's so it says 280 kph, that means it won't read properly yeah?

Cheers

KiwiMR2

That's a 180mph dial in KPH alright. What is your current speedo? If you have 180kph, you can fit a delimiter/converter to give you the correct reading.

can you get a converter to make it go from mph to kph?

That's a 180mph dial in KPH alright. What is your current speedo?

We only get Japanese cars so ALL are in KPH.

If you have 180kph, you can fit a delimiter/converter to give you the correct reading.
can you get a converter to make it go from mph to kph?

Can I?? How would that work? make the needle go up slower?

See here is what my OEM one looks like:

1994MR2TurboJ-Spec.jpg

Cheers

KiwiMR2

i understand now, you wont need a converter then, that looks like a straight swap. 1.6km to the mile for a rough idea.

i understand now, you wont need a converter then, that looks like a straight swap. 1.6km to the mile for a rough idea.

Just a re-calibration?? You see how on the OEM one there are 3 dash's between 20 & 40 but the speedhut ones only has 1 :(

You can see it where my 100 is as well.....it will be showing like 160 on the speedhut ones :wacko:

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Just a re-calibration?? You see how on the OEM one there are 3 dash's between 20 & 40 but the speedhut ones only has 1 :(

You can see it where my 100 is as well.....it will be showing like 160 on the speedhut ones :wacko:

Cheers

KiwiMR2

100mph is 160 kmph, as long as 50 kmph lines up approx with 30 mph youll have no probs, ignore the dashs between 20-40, its for a different measurement of speed, dashs on oem indicate 25,30,35. on kmph there isnt enough room to put every 5km increment.

i had doubts when i converted my dials but they have been tested and work fine

noticed that your oem is already in kmph, youve got the wrong dials and i would think that there isnt a converter for them, speedhut havent noticed the kmph on your oem either i suspect.

what you needed to order was the 180 mph dials unconverted, the only thing is the mph in the middle would mean kmph.

If you fitted a converter to make your current speedo read 180mph and then fitted your new dials they would read correctly in kph as 180mph equals 288kph.

Unfortunately your ODO would count in miles, not Km.

noticed that your oem is already in kmph, youve got the wrong dials and i would think that there isnt a converter for them, speedhut havent noticed the kmph on your oem either i suspect.

what you needed to order was the 180 mph dials unconverted, the only thing is the mph in the middle would mean kmph.

Stink......strange aye, I specificly e-mailed them that photo prior to ordering asking what I was to select. They said "order the 180 MPH UK one, and ask to change the MPH to KPH" so I did :(

I haven't heard from them since my e-mail 2 days ago :(

Cheers

KiwiMR2