Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Wheels

Gord

Hey ppl,

Just bought a new yaris, 1.3i, metallic black ect and i thought id register here.

Already looking at some new alloys and need some advice on size. Being 17 insurance is a problem so how much will new wheels effect it?

Depends on who you're insured with, with some companies it won't make a difference. Phone 'em and see what they say...

I agree, with some company's.. as long as you have locking nuts fitted, it won't add to your premium.

Find out about it before driving yourself mad looking at wheels.. or am i too late? :lol:

Find out about it before driving yourself mad looking at wheels.. or am i too late? :lol:

If he's anything like me, then you will be!!! :D

I do actually have a Xplod head unit to fit and have read all of the guides but how will it effect the warranty?

Wouldnt it look a bit crap having the original CD player above it?

hi and welcome!

It won't affect the warranty unless the garage/Toyota can prove that the radio or its fitment is the cause of the problem.

You can get a surround from Halfords that you can put across the space once you take that whole dash are out.

If you look at the workshops area (link at the top of the "Yaris" sub-forum) then you will see it all described with piccys and part numbers :thumbsup:

You can also use the search facility to find where this has been talked about before.

Good luck!

Alan

Hiya, Welcome to TOC

I imagine they wont increase it too much, but every insurer varies so I think a quick call to them is in order..

Another bit of advice - don't call your Insurer on a Monday Morning, they'll be very busy after the weekend :thumbsup:

Wouldnt it look a bit crap having the original CD player above it?

yes and no, i was too eager to fit mine and didnt really fancy forking out more for the facia adaptor so just chucked mine into the coin holder under stock unit, looks ok now, im used to it.. but yes does look better with the new facia

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links