Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr2 Alarm System

Heathy

Hi, I've just got a MR2 and its a lovely car. One thing I have found though is that the toyota alarm system is useless as it only goes off when the doors are opened. Also it has to be activated with a key and not a alarm fob.

I would like to replace the alarm with one which has remote central locking and also movement sensors (so I can leave the roof off and things wont go missing), and also preferably one with a paging function that will page me when it is going off. I have seen a lot of alarms on eBay. Could anyone advise me of what one to get (preferably off ebay) for under £100 with these features. Also i'd like to be able to fit it myself so not too much of a complicated one, Is fitting an alarm a hard job?

thanks everyone :D

depends on your knowledge, if this is your first time fitting an alarm then youve picked the wrong car to break your cherry with, your a lot better off goin to a profesional over this and gettin a cat 1/2 certified system and see if it'll knock owt off insurance, money saved can go towards paying for alarm.

(so I can leave the roof off and things wont go missing)

Just be aware that if you do this and things do go missing (like the car) your insurance is most likely NOT cover you... so long as they hear about the roof being off of course... but then they have a tendancy to find out about things like that and then get all upset about insurance fraud... as do the police.

(of course all policies are different and you should check your own to know for sure).

I hear that fitting an alarm in an MR2 mk2 is a real pain in the ***** hon.... I would recommend taking it to a professional...

One with all the fancy bits is going to set you back a fair bit im afraid :(

I see you are kinda new to the forums tho... so welcome :D what kind of MR2 you got? Colour? Spec? etc? :)

Hi, i'm in a similiar boat, however I've been advised by friends and colleagues that your probably best with a Clifford Alarm System which are pricey but enable you to have every add on you can think of. I'm looking to have mine installed but with the sensors set for Glass Break detection as apparently MR2's set off quite easily depending if yours is a targa top.

My advise, if you love the car then get a good Alarm System. :thumbsup: