Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shredded Tyres.....

Spuffington

I am soooo annoyed! :ffs:

After months of to-ing and fro-ing with the dealership where I got the TS from, and having written letters and spoken with Toyota UK, I thought on Friday when I took my car in to be valeted and have the spare wheel refurbed (which the Sales team said they'd do at the time of sale), I thought everything would be fine and dandy.

Instead I got a phonecall from the dealership on Friday to say the car wouldn't be ready for collection as intended. They did, however give me a courtesy car - a Corolla rather than a Yaris - and told me to come back on Saturday.

Anyway - turned up yesterday to find a sparkling car.......very nicely valeted and they'd even refurbed two of the wheels I'd curbed in my first week of ownership, free of charge as an apology for all the problems. :)

So, before I got in the car I admired the spangly new-looking wheels and was disgusted to find that the n/s rear tyre was completely mangled! :eek: They'd taken the spare wheel out (which was seriously curbed) together with tyre (which I hadn't noticed before), refurbed it and then dressed a completely mashed tyre.

See pics below - there are two very deep cuts just mm away from the chord......whoever curbed it, did it properly because I've never seen anything like it. What amazed me more was that whoever fitted the tyre back on the wheel once refurbed and then dressed it obviously couldn't give a monkey's and just turned a blind eye!!! :censor:

Needless to say, I immediately called out the Head Technician who described the tyre as practically illegal but said he couldn't change it because all his staff had gone home. To make matters worse - I got it home, tried to change the wheel, but because they'd used the hydraulic wrenches, it was on so tight it wouldn't budge and I got a slash across my hand trying to lever the nut off. :ffs:

Anyway, he's going to investigate on Monday as to whether they can replace the tyre for me................they'd !Removed! well better do, is all I can say. If I don't get a satisfactory response then I'll certainly be calling Toyota UK again and naming and shaming on here.

I'll keep you posted.

gallery_19317_124_1120418723.jpg

gallery_19317_124_1120418704.jpg

gallery_19317_124_1120418683.jpg

Update.........

My dealership has refused to replace the tyre on the basis they had been "generous" in refurbing two wheels which I had curbed. This is regardless of the fact that I have had to spend £50 already replacing the central console cover due to it being damaged and the fact that the car has been in and out of the service bay more times than I care to remember because a) someone didn't look after it in the first place and B) because they didn't prepare it properly at the time of sale.

To my mind - this tyre is illegal. It equates to 3 points and up to £1,000 fine. Whether they deem the damage to be my fault or not, surely it is negligent to have fitted it in the first place?

I'm now taking this up with Toyota UK. And I'm damn sure this franchise will never get any of my business again.

So they sold you a car with a faulty tire on the spare.......................

NO NO NO NO NO...................that is not on now is it.......................????????? :ffs:

I'm disgusted.......and to top it off - when I drove away, it had developed a vibration and rough running sound from the exhaust which wasn't there when it went in!!!

As far as I can see, it's sheer negligence, basically signing off a unroadworthy car to a customer both at the time of sale (with knackered tyre in boot) and then again on Saturday with knackered tyre fitted to wheel!!!

I'm not rolling over on this. If this dealership think they can wrestle out of this, they've got another thing coming.

They have to supply it in good condition...................

Keep the pressure firmly applied :yes:

Will do mate. Good condition - and at the very least, serviceable and safe!!!!!

:eek:

thats outrageous dude....

they shouldnt have fit that tyre in that condition .... iirc it aint legal

quite right dont roll over!!!

once they see the error of their ways from a legal standpoint im sure you will have no more trouble as its cheaper for them to sort it than go to court over something they wont win .... sadly nowadays thats more important than customer loyalty or brand image :ffs:

Cheers for your posts guys.

I've written them a letter quoting bits and bobs from the Sale of Goods Act - basically saying that the thing should be "fit for purpose", "in good condition" free of "minor problems" and "safe & durable" - just stated that in no way does the tyre conform to any of those.

Hopefully they'll get the hint they've messed up and go with it. Fingers crossed eh?!?!

a bit late now - sorry, but I've only just read this.

I would also point them to this thread, highlighting the fact that this site recieves over 75,000 unique visitors per month (78k last month).

A LOT of these people are in the market to buy cars, and are researching the brand and the models by reading these posts.

a bit late now - sorry, but I've only just read this.

I would also point them to this thread, highlighting the fact that this site recieves over 75,000 unique visitors per month (78k last month).

A LOT of these people are in the market to buy cars, and are researching the brand and the models by reading these posts.

Good point - and thanks for raising it. I'll make the point to them in the letter...........should add some weight. Cheers Matthew. :thumbsup:

:angry: Thats not right m8...that tyre has been fiddled with and its obvious. Id go straight there again tomorrow and kick off again.

Now firing on all salvo's!! :lol:

Thanks for your thoughts guys. :group-cuddles:

Andrew - I put your bit in the letter about being a fully paid up member on this site and contributing 'regularly'-ish in front of a large audience.

I've sent the fax to the dealership, copied to Toyota UK - Customer Services and also to Black Horse Finance who were very keen to hear about what had been going on and said they would be investigating!!! :bookworm:

Fingers crossed. There's no way they're getting out of this one!!

Ha - resolved in the only reasonable way!!!

Got a phonecall from my dealership this morning saying they are ordering a new tyre and it'll be fitted for me tomorrow! :D

Thank god, sense prevailed.

Keep the pressure firmly applied 

Think it worked Gordy!! :)

Thanks for your support guys.

This is my first post, although I've been on this site for a while now, so hello all.

Another point that you want to take up with this garage is that if the've over-tightened the wheel-nuts then that can really knacker your wheel - sometimes worse than leaving them loose.

All garages should tighten to the correct setting using a torque wrench but it seems to be common (bad) practice now to not bother.

I have seen an LGV shear its mounting bolts and lose a wheel while driving due to this so it's a serious problem.

Just thought I'd chuck my 2p in.

Glad you got it sorted, am very interested as to who the dealership is seeing as you are in Buckhurst Hill and I'm in Grays.

Is it Chelmsford by any chance?

Glad you got it sorted, am very interested as to who the dealership is seeing as you are in Buckhurst Hill and I'm in Grays.

Is it Chelmsford by any chance?

Hi!

No, it's not Chelmsford - I've PM'd you with the dealership, I don't want to publically name them as they have since sorted everything and have been a bit better recently. But I've let you know "for your information" ;)