Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo Conversion

Skippy

Hello, i dont write much on here, just read, but i want a turbo mr2 and was wondering is it possible to have a turbo coversion? Are they reliable or as good as the factory? Or would i be wasting my time and be better off selling my car and buying a mr2 turbo? Really love this paticular car and would hate to see it go, but i want more power! Thanks Shane.

Hiya matey...

Have a loko at revision6.com, safe as houses...

It's not just a turbo upgrade but rel[pacing the whole engine with that from an mr2 turbo so safe as can be :D

Bit of a trek upto coventry from Swansea but well worth it :D

On occasion have heard some people say that the insurance was cheaper than buying a tubby :D :D :D

There is another company down south (can't remember exactly where though) called 3S Services who do turbo transplants. I am sure they are pretty good, but haven't been doing the swaps for very long. As Rhains said, give Rogue a shout they'll sort you a treat ;)

Rogue did the swap on my MKI

Old engine:

3b4bab08.jpg

New engine:

17a9365e.jpg

What sort of prices do S3 services qoute for the conversion?.. I know what Rogue charge.

I am.

Got a massive garage ready to be filled by an accident damaged turbo.

Nice project for the winter.

3S and Rogue charge the same at the end of the day, but they each word their quotes differently.

If you source your own engine, they will not offer any sort of warranty or comeback if things do go wrong a little down the line, but get the engine through them and you should see a bit of warranty in some for or another...

Why you asking? your never gonna do it! :D

:lol::lol: He will never do it.

Every time i see him I tell him to, but does he :censor:

Only joking Andy :thumbsup:

Russ

Skippy, I feel the same way. It's nice to be able to keep the car you've looked after and known the history of. I plan to do the turbo conversion at some point next year, money permitting as ever.

Thanks for the advice, phoned rouge and had a quote, be better off buying a mr2 turbo! But i thik i will keep my one for a little while longer. Thanks again.

Thats the whole thing, if I knew what road I was gonna go down I would have bought a turbo from the start but because I have spent a stupid amount on my MR2 going for another car would be silly, need to go down the conversion route!

Same here. I have speant about 2k on my MR2 but the mileage on mine is 115k+ maybe the value would go up if I got a new turbo conversion.

How much to Turbo engines cost 2nd hand and brand new?

How much does rogue systems charge to install a turbo? Also wondering since I have a UK spec car and get a turbo conversion...would it be considered as a UK spec turbo and non import which should lower my insurance?