Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Meguiars

Demonic Angel

Got bonus this month - which means I've treated Kaori to a few items from the Meguiars range!

Not shampoo - because I still have 60 million gallons of TurtleWax to get through!

But she has got the Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid Wax and also the Scratch X, because as shes very dark, I've noticed some swirl marks on the bonnet which I'd like to get rid of and apparently Meguiars is the best stuff around!

Just a few q's really.

I know you have to apply the Scratch X sparingly because basically it strips a layer of paint off with each application (or so I hear, feel free to correct me!) but I was really concerned that it only came in one colour bottle - black! lol Does it matter what colour your car actually is? I guessed not! How does the stuff actually work to get rid of the fine swirls?

Also is it advisable to put the Wax on straight away after the Scratch X or wait a few days?

Another question - Rich (he whos car rarely sees a bucket and sponge unless I do it! lol) has said that you shouldn't have to wax your car every week and its advisable to do it every couple of months? He also says that the Scratch X is something you should only really use once a year, because it can be harsh to paintwork.

Not that I dont believe or trust my fella, but I wanted the nod from the guys that know! :thumbsup:

Cheers me dears!

i'd say he's right about the scratch x as it probably has a cutting agent in it ( it will be grainy to the touch) which will take a very fine layer off the laquer if used too often.

I would wax the car straight after using the scratch x so the paintwork is protected again.

As for polishing, you cant really go wrong, i polish my car as much as possible purely because its black and looks stunning when its all waxed up!

I use meguires too and have to say its the best i've ever used and thats including the trade stuff i used to get which was silicone based!

I know you have to apply the Scratch X sparingly because basically it strips a layer of paint off with each application (or so I hear, feel free to correct me!) but I was really concerned that it only came in one colour bottle - black! lol Does it matter what colour your car actually is? I guessed not! How does the stuff actually work to get rid of the fine swirls?

it does not strip off a layer of paint at all - it is a very fine abrasive, and only suited to removing light swirling.

Its also a spot treatment - dont do the whole car.

Apply a good dab to a microfibre applicator and rub it at a 90 degree angle across the scratch.

Or - for swirling - apply in the direction the air will flow over the car.

Repeat until most of the swirling is gone, then buff off with a microfibre cloth.

It is completely colour neutral - contains no colours at all. So its suitable for any colour car, despite the black packaging.

Also is it advisable to put the Wax on straight away after the Scratch X or wait a few days?

as long as you buff it all off - you can wax straight away.

It offers no protection against any future damage, and does not need to be left to cure or such.

Another question - Rich (he whos car rarely sees a bucket and sponge unless I do it! lol) has said that you shouldn't have to wax your car every week and its advisable to do it every couple of months? He also says that the Scratch  X is something you should only really use once a year, because it can be harsh to paintwork.

You dont have to wax your car every week.

Wax is a sacrificial layer you expose to the sun, rain and general crap that gets thrown on your car.

How often you need to wax depends on several factors, which basically determine how long it is before all the wax is sacrificed.

Every othr month would be a good rule of thumb.

However, depending on the wax product you use, it is possible to layer the wax, so that a weekly waxing will build up a beautiful deep and glossy shine.

I do not know for definite whether the Gold Class contains any cleaners, but I dont believe it does.

Weekly waxing with a pure wax will cause no problems at all, and (with the right products) build a deeper and deeper shine.

Hope this helps

yep lots of layers looks great i managed 13 layers in a row on my bike and the results were stunning!

yep lots of layers looks great i managed 13 layers in a row on my bike and the results were stunning!

If you are prepared to put that sort of effort in, I would seriously suggest using Klasse Sealant Glaze, and layering that.

Not only is the quality and depth of shine simply amazing, it will protect your paint a lot better than a wax, which evaporates in sunlight

If you are prepared to put that sort of effort in, I would seriously suggest using Klasse Sealant Glaze, and layering that.

Not only is the quality and depth of shine simply amazing, it will protect your paint a lot better than a wax, which evaporates in sunlight

Yeah and i would agree totally with Matt as i've done this and it looks class! .. Thats the only word i can use to describe Klasse! :lol:

Need to find time to do mine and give mine the full treatment when the weather is a bit better cos i've been lazy over the months and its not really beading water no more .. ;)

:thumbsup:

Kaori shines really well just with Turtlewax - Carlo Blue is just a really gleamy sort of colour (I'm sure the crew will agree! lol)

But she is gonna be super gleaming for JAE - so hot you can eat your burgers off her bonnet! :thumbsup::lol:

Show off!!  ;)

a little bit :o

but - it was the only way to really show what I was trying to describe

how much is it?

where do i get it?

and none of my wax evapourated it i never used it and had to sell it due to my accident

quite right mate, i love posting pics of my car when its freshly polished although

the paint is much older than your so i dont get quite the same results...

p10100573kd.th.jpg

When you say "Layering" the Klasse Sealant Glaze, does that mean after applying the first coat, you apply the 2nd,3rd, 4th coat etc.., straight after each other?

Thanks <_<

how much is it?

where do i get it?

and none of my wax evapourated it i never used it and had to sell it due to my accident

You can get Klasse products from our Car Care partners at Autopia.

I have converted several people from Meguiars products to these two products.

I have used Meguiars 3 stage process - and it is very good. But I much, much, much prefer the finish these products give. And so does everyone I know who has tried them.

quite right mate, i love posting pics of my car when its freshly polished although

thats a nice photo mate. Car looks sweet, but you've also managed to catch the green in the black nicely.

Nothing looks as good as a nice, dark car, freshly done up B)

When you say "Layering" the Klasse Sealant Glaze, does that mean after applying the first coat, you apply the 2nd,3rd, 4th coat etc.., straight after each other?

yeah.

you wash, clay, remove swirls, polish etc etc to get the paintwork as good as you can, as you want to seal in the best finish you can.

The you apply the sealant glaze, really thinly, and buff off.

Leave overnight to bond to the paintwork.

Repeat as often as you like.

Can wait longer than overnight if you like.

Washing the car once a week, and applying another layer of glaze will give you the same protection and effect, will just take a bit longer to achieve.

Hi,

Im considering getting the Klasse Sealant Glaze, but i have already got Supagard protection on my Yaris, would i be able to apply the Klasse straight over the supagard?

Thanks

thats a nice photo mate. Car looks sweet, but you've also managed to catch the green in the black nicely.

Nothing looks as good as a nice, dark car, freshly done up B)

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Hi,

Im considering getting the Klasse Sealant Glaze, but i have already got Supagard protection on my Yaris, would i be able to apply the Klasse straight over the supagard?

Thanks

supergard will last about 6 months tops.

if you had it applied longer than that - then chances are the supergard has gone.

Klasse SG is a glaze similar to supergard. They are just more honest in their advertising. :D About 5 layers of SG will not only look stunning, but will offer about 4-6 months of protection from rain, effects of sun, bird crap etc.

After that - you just polish off, and do it again. Klasse just try and pretend their glaze will still be there 3 years later.

What if..... you apply the Scratch X and Wax and it rains?

Applying it on the Friday night before JAE and travelling up early in the morning but what if it rains in the night - will all my hard work be ruined?

What if..... you apply the Scratch X and Wax and it rains?

Applying it on the Friday night before JAE and travelling up early in the morning but what if it rains in the night - will all my hard work be ruined?

no - your hard work will not be wasted.

take a bucket, sponge and microfibre clothes.

when you get there (whether it rained or not) - just carefully sponge all the road grime off the car and dry it - it will be lovely and sparkly again :thumbsup:

Can I remind everyone about our Car Care Centre - full of good advice on all sorts of car cleaning :thumbsup:

Cheers Matt - I forgot about car cleaning centre - I'll go and have a nosy now!

Leave overnight to bond to the paintwork.

Repeat as often as you like.

Can wait longer than overnight if you like.

I assume you mean storing tha car in a garage? Mine is full!! And my drive gets very dusty.... theres no way i could get away with it! I'll just have to try and wash, polish and put 4 layers of my autoglym wax on in one day..... then collapse on the floor.

By the way Demonic Angel.... you dont need to use the scratch x to remove swirl marks. A good quality polish should do that. And as Matthew_McNally says, scratch x is for small areas.

Too late - bought the stuff now - I only intend to use it on a bit of the bonnet thats exceptionally swirly - the rest of the paintwork is dandy!

True .. for light swirl marks a good quality wax like klasse will cover it up. I had a few on my roof but cant see them now. Take it back, you can save the cash for something else like some good quality sythetic wax!

:thumbsup: