Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cts Vs Seat Ibiza Cupra

Qube

Not sure if this one has been on the forums before.

So what do you guys reckon?

CTS Vs Seat Ibiza Cupra

Both cars have NO mods done.

My mate has posted the same question on his Seat forums.

Am going to take a wild guess here....

99% of posts on here would say CTS, 99% of posts on Seat forum will say Seat....

I know which I would prefer and I'm opne of TOC's 99%, I guess the only true way to make your mind up is take both cars out for a !Removed! good test drive, see which one you enjoy the most and weigh up the pro's and con's of each...

I know the online support for the CTS is dam good and a whole bunc of Toyota nutters to help you out as well :)

Happy hunting...

I have alreay made my mind up, got my CTS last Friday :P

I think it is much better than then Seat, but my friend who owns the Seat disagrees lol

Wonder what one does 0-60 quicker????

I think it is much better than then Seat, but my friend who owns the Seat disagrees lol

get your amte to meet you at santa pod :) :) :)

I like the looks of the Seat but I would imagine the CTS has better performance with 190 bhp! Don't know about handling though...? I would like the Seat Leon 20V T!!

Not sure but I have only driven the ibiza cupra R and that was :censor: quick so ill go with that until I have had a go in a Cts :D

The Seat Ibiza Cupra is very similar to the Cupra R (which was a special edition, or so I was told), I know that the Ibiza has a manufacturers 0-60 of 7.9 where I think the CTS has a 0-60 of roughly 8.4.

Not sure on the handling of the Seat Ibiza, I had a Seat sales person in the car when I test drove it so I couldn't throw it around :P

Talking of Santa Pod, we should have a TOC meeting there on a Race What You Brung Day, it would give a good comparison between the modded and un-modded motors in the group! :D

CTS is tested around 7.0 for 0-60... check some mags for Ibiza tests, although ibiza is much smaller car and they are not in the same league

I doubt that toyota could miss a 0-60 time by 1.4 seconds?...

maybe 7.0 seconds downhill, with the wind behind it, on an empty tank :hokus-pokus:

Top gear (i have the article) tested CTS 0-60 in 7.3 seconds in wet conditions, generally it should be faster on dry road ;-)

Yaris boy

If you want toknow how fast the T-Sport is get in the car with Jake

Or if your in wales i'll take you round brecon!!!! :blink::eek::eek::lol::lol:

I have driven my mates cupra and it has tons and tons of torque steer :o(

Nearlly pulled my arm out of its socket :!Removed!:

I read an article which put the CTS against the Civic Type R - I think it may have been the Top Gear article mentioned by Spwolf - the TS was QUICKER in the wet because of the traction control, the Type R couldn't put the power down.

As for the Cupra.. Get your mate on a quiet road and put him to the test - not suggesting that you partake in a street race or anything :D

It may all come down to the driving skill as to which comes out quicker - try both cars on a twisty road too as driving quick in a straight line doesn't mean **** in the real world.

Remember to post the winner here! :thumbsup:

Talking of Santa Pod, we should have a TOC meeting there on a Race What You Brung Day, it would give a good comparison between the modded and un-modded motors in the group! :D

i'm always game but no one wants to play :crybaby:

:eek:

i'm always game but no one wants to play
:eek:

Well I would be very intrested in attending a Santa Pod session :thumbsup:

wouldn't the comparisson be better between the Leon than the Ibiza, I tested the Leon Cupra prior to buying my CTS. Could not really fault the Leon, just liked the CTS a lot more, the Cupra R was not going to be available for another 3 months, so I opted for the CTS and have not once been dissapointed, and in truth I think I would also be posting a similar response on the Seat site had I waited and purchased the Leon Cupra R. :D

I don’t know how many of you are interested, but a friend of mine has got a Leon Cupra and it is about two years old. He has decided to sell the car and, Guess what buy another Leon Cupra but this time the all new R version with the Audi TT 225 BHP blown 4 engine under the bonnet. The current Leon Cupra R has got 210BHP so another 15BHP should put in the same 0-60 zone as the RS Focus. Out there in the Mega Hatch category it’s turning out to be a BHP war, one that Alfa Romeo are currently sitting on the top of with the Mega 147 250BHP 3.2 V6 GTA . I just wonder if Toyota will respond.

I sure as hell hope they do :thumbsup:

Has anyone read that Lotus will be using a toyota engine for their US version of the Elise.

I think it's a bit vague which one they are going for - I read that it's either the 190BHP Celica or the Camry's V6.

It looks like it's only for the US market but it should create a few more engine specific tuning mods for toyota modders.

yeehaa!

I don’t know how many of you are interested, but a friend of mine has got a Leon Cupra and it is about two years old. He has decided to sell the car and, Guess what buy another Leon Cupra but this time the all new R version with the Audi TT 225 BHP blown 4 engine under the bonnet. The current Leon Cupra R has got 210BHP so another 15BHP should put in the same 0-60 zone as the RS Focus. Out there in the Mega Hatch category it’s turning out to be a BHP war, one that Alfa Romeo are currently sitting on the top of with the Mega 147 250BHP 3.2 V6 GTA . I just wonder if Toyota will respond.

I sure as hell hope they do :thumbsup:

0-60 of leon cupra R is 6.9. :thumbsup:

the V6 engine is more likely i imagine :D

actually, 2zzge seems like a much more logical choice since it is smaller and lighter - so it will be much easier fit for elise, however for US market V6 is a good choice, and Toyota has some ***** kickin new aluminium V6 VVTi unit which is quite impressive in terms of weight and torque

What about the new Ibiza Cupra R coming out shortly with the Leon Cupra R's 210bhp engine, now this cars gonna shift considering the Leon down 0-100 in lows 17s.

Revo chip can put that up to 260ish for under £500, little more money gets a lot of bhp.

The guy selling his LCR to get the new limited edition 225bhp model, why not just pay £400 for the Revo chip? You can even get the work done and test it prior to paying, if you dont like it (extra 60 bhp i think u will) u can have it took back off at no cost.

The guys on the seat forum dont have a bad thing to say about the Revo chip so far.