Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance!

Ryan1985

:angry:

Okay, on the 23rd of last month I was going to insure myself on my car alone for the first time. I phone a few companies and get a few online quotes and eventually I get a quote online from Endsleigh at a very good price. Anyway, I phone them up and I give them all my info and the guy asks me if I have any modifications. I tell him yes and give him the list. So far so good and still a reasonable price so I bought the insurance there and then.

A couple of days later I get my insurance letter through the door and I read the modifications bit and I noticed it didn't say anything about my suspension. I phoned them back and told them about it and the woman I talked to said she can't see a problem and she'll get back to me. I also said as it wasn't my fault (because I clearly told the guy on the phone) that it was missed out that I am not prepared to pay any more money.

Well I woke up today switched on my mobile and I got a call from Endsliegh, the woman said that my insurance would have risen by...wait for it...£2000 if they had known about the suspension and obviously I'm not willing to pay that and she also said that I know I'm not willing to pay anymore but she just can't insure me anymore. She said I have 4 days left to cancel it (you get 14 days) without having to pay the £50 charge to cancel it.

So to cut to the chase, I have paid over £200 of my insurance so far which I have only had for 10 days so I was wondering do I get it back? I'm certainly not payin £200 for 10 days insurance!

Anyway, maybe Blue84 can help me out a bit here and any views/comments/abuse to the company are welcome! :thumbsup:

Cheers :)

TWO GRAND!!!!

Robbing gits :angry:

should do mate, that's what the 14 days is for :thumbsup:

Agree with silvasurfer - the 14 days is classed as a "cooling-off-period" isnt it and you are entitled to a full refund of any monies paid during that time if you cancel.

£2000 for suspension is just wrong - bet the suspension didnt cost you half that! :angry:

hmmm looks like endsleigh are kinda useless. i took a policy out with them 4 weeks ago commencin on the 19th june. when i took it out the guy in the shop said that he would contact my old insurance company on my behalf to get my proof of no claims.

anyway on saturday mornin i gets a letter come thru. sayin that they had not recieved my proof of no claims from me. and they are presumin that because i havent sent it that i no longer require the cover. my policy will be cancelled on the 10th july and £50 will be deducted from any refunds due as a cancellation fee. also they sent me another cover note coverin me till the 10th july. and i noticed that my dad was not on the policy. but i remember seein his name on the screen when i took the quote out in the branch.

i phoned them up and they said i need to speak to my local branch. which isnt open till monday. anyway i phoned them today and finally got it sorted. but as for puttin my dad on the policy he said that he would have to requote me in a few days for puttin him on. they had better not try and charge me more for adding him on. cos i took the policy out on the understandin that all the family was on. the guy even turned round to me and said cos my dad is insured on his car they he is covered on his insurance to drive my car. wot a load of use that is if he has an accident cos he is only 3rd party. so my saga will continue in a couple of days.

anyway ill stop hi jackin ur thread ryan.

im not sure about gettin ur money back. i think they will work it out so u only have to pay for 10 days insurance. and give u the rest back. less the £50 cencellation fee. but i would put up a fight about it

No probs Chris, the woman on the phone said I wouldn't need to pay the £50 cancellation fee as its within the first 14 days of taking out my policy.

Em, my suspension only cost me £255! :thumbsup:

I'm sure when blue reads this she will give you the best advice you will get on here

I'm sure when blue reads this she will give you the best advice you will get on here

Thanks CFC, you've made me smile for the 1st time this Evening! Today has not been a good day :( :ffs:

Anyway..Ryan that is shocking!! I had my 1st year of insurance with Endsleigh, which I had to put the T3 onto halfway through the term. Didn't stay with them at renewal tho because of their prices and attitude :(

I know insurance is based on risk but £2000 is a crazy charge - that much for suspension? I would understand it more if it were a 4L Jeep or something (example purposes only there btw).

One thing that I would query first of all is see if their telephone calls are recorded? If you declared the mods during that 1st phone call and said the suspension then it would be on the recording. If they don't play ball tell them you are prepared to go to the Financial Ombudsman..that will scare them because there is a £500 "Fee" charged to Insurance Companies purely for a member of the public going to the Ombudsman, no matter what else happens (and even tho Endsleigh are not an insurer they are an intermediary/broker) they will know of the Ombudsman and won't like it.

I dont deal with Policies at all, because I work for an insurer who only deals with brokers for our Policies, not the public directly and I do claims too..but I think with what they have said you should get a refund. Make sure you get names of people who speak too aswell, that way you'll have an added "reference" if anything else crops up.

I hope that helps in some way :thumbsup: also I do occasionally see memos on our policies from underwriters about refunded premiums and because yours is so "new" I would think you would get it all back...but dont quote me on that.

Blue

Cheers Blue, I'm not 100% sure if there calls are recorded maybe just monitored. :(

Anyway, my dad was talking about that Ombudsman and I'm going to let him talk to them 2mo.

Yes, I nearly fell off my bed when the woman said £2k aswell!

Also, I have taken a note of everyone I have spoken to so I hope the calls are recorded and then maybe they will still give me my insurance for the original price 'cos they messed it up and not me! :thumbsup:

How old are you Ryan? thats stupid money for a 1 litre yaris?!?!

Did you try elephant.co.uk?

Grand old age of 20 Rico. Elephant were second cheapest mate so if I can't get this Endsleigh stuff sorted they are my next choice! :thumbsup:

Good idea, make sure you tell Endsleigh about the Ombudsman and that your Dad spoke to them too :thumbsup:

Let us know how you get on

Blue

£2000 for suspension! :blink: They must be joking!

Im trying to sort out my insurance, had a whole range of prices! The most jaw dropping one was from liverpool victoria! for a car with no mods, my dad as second driver, darren as third and my provisional licence it was £6600 :blink::eek: :o

The car isnt worth that much!

Im just glad im not going with them!

Tried Tesco Ryan? I dunno what they're like for mods but generally they're quite cheap....

£2000 for suspension!  :blink: They must be joking!

Im trying to sort out my insurance, had a whole range of prices! The most jaw dropping one was from liverpool victoria! for a car with no mods, my dad as second driver, darren as third and my provisional licence it was £6600  :blink:  :eek:  :o

The car isnt worth that much!

Im just glad im not going with them!

Thats because you havent passed yet hun and because of two male drivers on the policy- i take robs insurance premium down but to put him onto mine would take it up! <_<

Theyre just robbing gits! the others only want £1100 with all that!

Outstanding price there Ryan!

I'm 21, but with no mods, 1yrs no claims (protected) and 1 claim, mine is £790 FC.

That's with the big NU - they quoted me happy! :D

Me again, I have been on the phone to them all day and have contacted the Ombudsman and he says they are within their rights to do that even though it was their own fault.

Anyway, they are insuring me up till 6PM 2mo nite and they will refund my £200 and an extra £50 for my hassle.

Think I'm going to be insured with Elephant now which comes in at around the £1k mark with all mods declared. :thumbsup:

Clarky, Adrian Flux quoted me £1600 so they might just not like young drivers with 0NCB!

Cheers anyway for all your help people. :D

Glad you've worked something out :thumbsup:

Just look on it as a one-off investment. Don't knock it or get any tickets and you should see a significant drop next year :yes:

A

dude that sucks, sorry 2 hear all the problems!! £2k rip off haha are they having a laugh, most places arnt all that bothered!! or fairly cheap extra anways

Glad to hear they are refunding you the £200!!

Still not good practice tho - very unproffessional IMHO!

Just bought some new insurance and I went with elephant.co.uk with all my mods declared.

No mods in the near future 'cos it looks like I'll be skint this year! :(

Insurance prices are a joke tbh. I know my mods will put it up but I done a quote for my car as standard and it was hardly what I would call a good deal.