Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plasma Dials

TiMiX

Alrighties

Just fitted these to my Gen 6 Celica (see my web page) there mint

I asked autoinduction for 180 mph version and they told me that the only had ones that went to 150mph. On changing the clocks I noticed that the 180 clocks I was taking out were actually 180 K/ PH with a little black square of tape over the K/ (wot a dirty rascal) so look to see if your clocks actually say MPH if it's an import

It caught me, once I saw it I was wondering how I did not see it before??

So anyway now the job is done I have mesured my spedo with a GPRS for accuracy. There is a gizmo connected to the back of the speedo that my bro says converts the K ph to MPH so will have to take his word for it, wish I got a phote

At 30 on the dial the GPRS says 29.5- 29.8 MPH at 60 on the clock the GPRS says 68.7 MPH so that's that. The odomiter is reading miles. To complicate things I have 18 inch alloys on so thats also a factor

I can live with it for the look and am happy with them, hope this helps. there was also an article on this forum about white clocks u might want to look at.

PS getting the needles right was a stinker. Mark your petrol gage cause mine reads all the time and I kept my glass off for a few days to get them right

:thumbsup:

At 30 on the dial the GPRS says 29.5- 29.8 MPH at 60 on the clock the GPRS says 68.7 MPH so that's that. The odomiter is reading miles. To complicate things I have 18 inch alloys on so thats also a factor

Are you sure it is nearly 9 miles out at 60?? That would also be illegal as it is under reading. Your clocks are allowed to over read by up to 10%, ie when your clock says 66mph you could be doing anywhere from 60-66. (really you want it to be doing 58.7mph when your clocks say 60mph)

I just fiddled with my clocks so when putting the needles back on I had to calibrate it with my GPS system and I have now got it to 29.7 at 30mph and 59.6 at 60mph which is as close as you want to get whilst still being legal.

As you say it could be your 18's throwing it out, have you gone for a really low profile tyre to keep the overal diameter the same or have you messed up the speedo by having a larger overall diameter??

My Celica has 16" alloys on instead of the original 14" Steels - but the overall diameter of the wheel hasn't changed

*edit*

Just me being a picky **** but GPRS = General Packet Radio Service. Which lets you get on the internet with your phone or laptop. GPS = Global Positioning System. Which lets you get your position within 10meters from a satelite (then can work out your speed etc) :thumbsup::lol:

*edit again*

Where abouts in Lanarkshire are you? I'm going up in a couple of weeks to stay with a friend in Stonehouse. I'll keep an eye out for you

Yep,

I've seen pictures of some Mooks dials and they look the nuts.

Half wish some one had told me about them before I got mine.