Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sebring Exhaust .. Anyone Knows?

eternity575

ok..

so my quest for an exhaust is not over..

i checked around here in israel, and the only exhaust that is permitted by the MOT is sebring, of course i can put something else, and reinstall the old one during mot test..

but.. is sebring any good?

anyone got it?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eternity575

• clarky

• Moffmo

• armoredfist2002

used sebring on my previous car. would reccomend it. not too noisy (mercedes see) and improved fuel economy..thumbs up

I once drove a mkiii supra N/A with a Sebring exhaust.. it seemed very solid, and very smooth...

Very nice... a nice upgrade for someone that doesn;t want the "in yourfaceness" of the HKS and Blitz systems..

but i would like a different tone to the car... a lil more deep rumble..

will i get that ?

Gotta be an HKS for the rumble ...

Are you sure the HKS wont pass an MOT out there - the HKS HyperMuffler is cat back and doesnt effect emissions?

wehn u say catback, u mean just the last "big-metal-thing" and the tip right?

the last big metal thing and the tip is the backbox/silencer/muffler. a cat back system is the system from the cat back (pipes from cat to back box aswell as backbox)

no m8.. its a great diagram!

so if i buy only the muffler part.. which is probably what the sebring is, ill get just the last bit..

will it change anything at all?

i guess This is the part your on about and if so yes it it just the back box (final box with tip). It will change only the sound of the exhaust note not its performance. O and appearance from rear end of car!

No - the diagram probably doesn help ...

Ok the exhaust from the engine is in three bits:

1. The Header - which connects the back of the engine to the exhuast

2. The Mid Section - which normally contains one or two catatlytic converters as standard

3.The Baxk box/Muffler etc

If you look under your car from the back and follow the pipework back - tucked up under the chassis is an egg shaped join in the pipe - this is the point whereby the catback system bolts onto.

Ill be very surprised if the Sebring isnt cat-back itself.

In terms of what a catback systems will do - itll make a nice rumble and make the car rev more freely. In terms of power it will be very minor until such times as the cat is either upgraded or removed completely (decatting).

Also a sports header will improve performance ...

Sorry - but the diagram above doesnt make sense Matt

yeh it does :wacko: i was gona comment him on it! told her everything she asked in one simple diagram :D

yup :yes: unless they are cat backs as that makes some of the pipe wider (pipe from cat to back box) which frees revs! if it is just a back box/muffler only sound and looks! and with a cat back the performance still isnt much as clarky said!

so...bottom line...

if i only want sound&looks, i should go for a muffler only..

if i want like 1% more performance.. i should go for a full system..

is that the bottom line?

Correct on muffler. Cat back is tiny performance. Noticeable performance includes changing header and decatting or sports cat aswell as the cat back system! ie full system :D

We have a member with the Sebring on his car:

Scred's car

The Sebring it's a good exhaust but the noise is not like the Jap Exhaust (HKS, Blitz, ...) but a good noise too... :yes:

Sorry - but the diagram above doesnt make sense Matt

Draw one please and ill take mine down so people can refer to one that makes sense :thumbsup:

Matt - wasnt having a pop at you or your drawing skills - mine are no better. Had a look and I cant find a decent pic of the underside of my car.

What I realised after I posted is that your car is a T3 Phase 2 - mines is a T-Sport Phase 1. There are some differences .. hence me saying your diagram was confusing - its not - its just for your car!

Sorry mate