Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance Payout

terry2

My car has been written off by the insurance company, but been told by someone today that when they pay the insurance out to me they deduct the full years insurance that i will owe them which is about £800. Does this mean i will not owe any insurance until my next renewal if i by the same car, or do i have to pay monthly aswell. :help:

It's worth giving them a call and asking them what their total loss procedure is as every insurer is different :thumbsup:

Basically yes! When my car was written off they deducted the remaining amount for my insurance from my payout, which meant I was "paid-up" til March 2005, and then I just renewed my policy.

So you wont owe them any more money until you renew your insurance, whether with them or another company!

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

thanks Demonic Angel, i'm with Tesco and their being really slow with this claim. my insurance renewel isnt until next May, so if i buy another car as soon as i get the cheque will i still be insured until May without having to make anymore payments? :P

Doesnt elephant just end your insurance policy, and then you have to folk out again for it so they pocket the money?

bit crap like

When I claimed with NU, they only deducted my excess.

The remainder of the policy I am still paying, as I'm still with them.

Think my monthly cost went up about £12 extra a month.

thanks Demonic Angel, i'm with Tesco and their being really slow with this claim.  my insurance renewel isnt until next May, so if i buy another car as soon as i get the cheque will i still be insured until May without having to make anymore payments? :P

Hey snap! I'm with Tesco too and they are messing about with my claim from November!

Also forgot to mention that if your insurance is paid up you are still insured and if you buy a new car you can transfer your new car onto that paid-up policy! Thats what I did - old Yaris got written up so bought an almost identical Yaris three weeks later which only cost me an extra £20 to put on the paid up policy - probably because it was 10 months newer, I dunno! :lol:

Also - with Tesco - bug them for that cheque - keep bugging them because they stall so badly! It took me over a month to get a cheque from them! So keep calling til they're sick of your name because they wont bother otherwise! :thumbsup:

What Gnome said is why I suggested giving them a ring as every insurer is different but DA answered the question anyway :)

altho I am insured with Tesco too :unsure:

thanks for all the replys. rang Tesco they said that when i buy a new car i am automaticaly insured. and that i should receive the cheque next week. but this claim has been going on for 2 months now so i will have to wait and see if it arrives i can't wait to buy another Yaris. :thumbsup:

Best of luck Terry - I havent even heard from Tesco for months so I havent got a clue what the status of my claim is..... I was hit head on by a stolen car, so it wasnt my fault and am in the process of clamining costs back from other cars owner, but as it was stolen its a really long process. The thief has since been caught, but not prosecuted and apparently he needs to be charged with the offence before I can claim my no claims or excess back and I also havent heard from the police to inform me of the criminal proceeding!

Both useless IMO - its been proven he stole the car - a judge just needs to charge him!

Hope yours isnt as complicated - wouldnt wish this mess on anyone!

Anyhoo - what sorta Yaris are you going for next? You fancying an upgrade or going for the same again?

Im claiming costs also. I was hit by an uninsured driver. the solicitor said it could take up to 12months for the claim to be sorted out. I'm still waiting to see the doctor for the claim

Not sure which Yaris i want yet i am going to have a look around this weekend, had a T2 last time. :D

Im claiming costs also. I was hit by an uninsured driver. the solicitor said it could take up to 12months for the claim to be sorted out.  I'm still waiting to see the doctor for the claim

Not sure which Yaris i want yet i am going to have a look around this weekend, had a T2 last time. :D

At least you've been assigned a solicitor mate! I still havent! lol

There will be loads of bargains on the Yaris as people are anticipating the new shape Yaris' release (apparently later on this year/early next) so you could banter and pick up a right bargain.

T-Spirit is well worth the investment - not as luxurious as the T-Sport but you still get all the mod cons - I've had two now, both 1.3's and I highly recommend.

Any Yaris you buy is good though - as you know, they're tough little cookies!

As for your doctor, from experience it takes a while to see one. I'm currently having X-Rays for a dodgy wrist, most probably stemming from the accident. It gets very painful at times - might even have to have an operation on it which means no driving! :unsure:

Bloody scummy uninsured drivers! :ffs: