Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Wheel Refurbishment

Blue84

Hiya all,

A few weeks ago I kerbed the front passenger side alloy and it doesnt look pretty, how would I go about getting it refurbished as I havent got a clue?

The tyre isnt damaged, it's just the alloy.

Will get photo's tonight as I am at work at the moment.

Also filled up with petrol at the weekend, had done 337 Miles since the last time and the average consumption was 46.1 mpg, average speed was around the 36mph mark. Not bad for a 1.3 Yaris Blue!

Blue

Kerbed alloy eh - ouch!

Heres a thread that was posted in general - its got some companies in it that refurbish alloys

Linky to thread

:thumbsup:

Or just do a search on Yell for autoshops near you (just noticed that one is nearer me than you!) - should be loads of places.

Also filled up with petrol at the weekend, had done 337 Miles since the last time and the  average consumption was 46.1 mpg, average speed was around the 36mph mark. Not bad for a 1.3 Yaris Blue!

Blue

Sorry to hear about the wheel. I cant say much about it other than get a few qoutes.

I wish my t-sport would do that much! Cant even reach 280! :crybaby:

And just to repeat the good advice you've been giving me - dont go to romford!

By the way, Toyota's bodyshop department has moved out of the chelsmford, romford and rayliegh branches to become independent i do believe. We were given a phone number, which we haven't tried yet. All sound screwed up.

Blue, I wouldn't pay anymore than £20/30 to get it refurbed. My mate got his whole 15" set repaired and changed the colour of them for £100. :thumbsup:

Blue, I wouldn't pay anymore than £20/30 to get it refurbed. My mate got his whole 15" set repaired and changed the colour of them for £100. :thumbsup:

Yes.. average price per wheel is about £25 - £30... Don't pay more.

You will have to take the wheel off and put on your skinny little spare wheel :lol:.. then take the alloy to a tyre fitter and get them to remove the tyre, balance weights and valve,(remember to take your tyre back home with you) then take it to the refurbishers to get repaired. Then, of course, its back to the tyre fitter to have your tyre refitted, balanced and a new vave put in. The cost at the tyre fitters should be no more than £10.. unless you got to S***fit.. they will no doubt charge double that.. get a local garage to to it if possible.

I'd like to get new rims but I have to use the money that I do get for other things!!

Luckily it was very low speed and I'd had her 3 months before doing it - which is good going seeing as I have to park alongside kerbs every time I come home from somewhere as we dont have off-road parking here..

Havent done it since either *touches wood*

• 4 weeks later...

Hope people look at this......

I've kerbed my nearside front alloy the other day, the same corner which was hit by a load of trolleys! DOH!

Its not massive but i want it sorting right away. 20 - 30 pounds has been mentioned.... does this include toyota prices?

I asked toyota yesterday when i went to arrange a new bumper (tesco have finally given to go ahead!). They said £60! Screw you (i thought).

Did you get yuors done blue?

Women drivers....

Sorry!!

No more than £30 for any kind of wheel fixing thingy... place near me are good... they'll do what a tyre fitter does too (tyre off, valve etc)

Women drivers.... 

Sorry!!

No more than £30 for any kind of wheel fixing thingy... place near me are good... they'll do what a tyre fitter does too (tyre off, valve etc)

So why do toyota wanna charge me 60!!!!!!!!! :ffs: :censor:

I saw i van going around my way the other day and thought to myself how i will not be needed one for some time and then i go and drive into a kerb.

The proffessionals in the vans charge £70 per wheel down my way, try one of them chips away people they do wheels as well for half the price :thumbsup:

Women drivers.... 

Sorry!!

Ha Ha ha :wacko: well it was the first time in 3 months that it happened, that was nearly 2 months ago and it hasnt happened since..we all make mistakes, this one just isnt pretty :lol:

So why do toyota wanna charge me 60!!!!!!!!!  :ffs:  :censor:

I saw i van going around my way the other day and thought to myself how i will not be needed one for some time and then i go and drive into a kerb.

That must've been fate, in a bad way tho! If you find someone and they are decent can you let me know their details. My Best Friend lives in Brentwood, near the High Street actually - she lives in a side street near the Harvester so she'd always let me go round hers if needed!

That must've been fate, in a bad way tho! If you find someone and they are decent can you let me know their details. My Best Friend lives in Brentwood, near the High Street actually - she lives in a side street near the Harvester so she'd always let me go round hers if needed!

She lives near aston martin!!!! Lucky devil. If i lived their i'd spend all day outside dreaming of what might/could be later in my life. Already done that outside a ferrari showroom and they moved.

I'll look into the chips away thingy..... cant find much about for it though but i'll let ya know. :thumbsup:

If porsche can referb their alloys for £50 each why cant toyota do it for 30!

I can now refurb wheels if anyone is interested. I have a full powder coating plant at my disposal and alloy welding and machining facilitys to replace and face of any missing bits!:o

Thanks

Kevin

I can now refurb wheels if anyone is interested. I have a full powder coating plant at my disposal and alloy welding and machining facilitys to replace and face of any missing bits!:o

Thanks

Kevin

How much Kev?

She lives near aston martin!!!! Lucky devil.  If i lived their i'd spend all day outside dreaming of what might/could be later in my life.  Already done that outside a ferrari showroom and they moved.

I'll look into the chips away thingy..... cant find much about for it though but i'll let ya know.  :thumbsup:

If porsche can referb their alloys for £50 each why cant toyota do it for 30!

Yeah that's it, we have to go past Aston Martin and the Ford Dealership to get to Weald Park when we go there - we like it over there. It's such a huge area :)

I saw Chipsaway advertising outside of Morrisons recently, well when I say recently it was around a month ago or so. I know they've got a website :unsure:

Its really difficult to put a fixed price on a wheel, it really depends on the size and style. The process I use is powder coating which is the real deal, it can not be done at the roadside. I would say for a 17" wheel with only cosmetic scraps you would be looking at £30.

I also do split rims and chrome rims.

Thanks

Kevin

Thanks

Kevin

How much Kev?

..we all make mistakes, this one just isnt pretty  :lol:

Iv made lots of unpretty mistakes... can't remember their names though! :lol:

..we all make mistakes, this one just isnt pretty  :lol:

Iv made lots of unpretty mistakes... can't remember their names though! :lol:

Thats just WRONG Gray.... :lol::lol: