Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ae82 Weight

TruenoGTV

Most Corolla 'Hatchbacks' from the 80's and 90's are around 1600 Kg (3500 lb).

But for the exact AE82 GT weight I will try to have a look for tomorrow for you (amongst my spec data info); unless someone beats me to it.

i thought they weighed 950kg :blink:

i thought even most modern hatches dont weigh 1600kg. thats 1.6 tons

Says in handbook GROSS VEHICLE MASS: 1615Kg

...so yes that must be wrong, because the only hatchback I know that ways over a ton is the MGB GT.

i thought they weighed 950kg  :blink:

i thought even most modern hatches dont weigh 1600kg. thats 1.6 tons

950kg sounds a lot closer to me, but then again it could be even lighter when rust sets in! :eek:

They are a heavy car have you ever tried pushing 1? :(

alot heavier than the light weight crap on the roads now a days and alot better built! i think the bonnet alone must weigh more than a smart car!

i think the bonnet alone must weigh more than a smart car!

:lol: lol

They are a heavy car have you ever tried pushing 1? :(

alot heavier than the light weight crap on the roads now a days and alot better built! i think the bonnet alone must weigh more than a smart car!

not that heavy try pushing a golf no thats heavy

Did ya like that 1 Jones? lol :D

Says in handbook GROSS VEHICLE MASS: 1615Kg

Prob. be max.vehicle weight - towing

Did ya like that 1 Jones? lol :D

aye, lol :)

B) i`m getting my car on the road soon so i`ll go and get it weighed got a public weigh bridge near the garage so should give us twin cam boys exact figures.

Hey twin cam ally where abouts in yorkshire you from? i'm from huddersfield you naywhere near?

B) i`m getting my car on the road soon so i`ll go and get it weighed got a public weigh bridge near the garage so should give us twin cam boys exact figures.

Hey twin cam ally where abouts in yorkshire you from? i'm from huddersfield you naywhere near?

Hi Twinnyrider am from Bradford,

Hi Twinnyrider am from Bradford,

hi twin cam ally just replied to you on the other post but yes youve seen my car about. what colour and reg is your car? :)

Hi,

I have a 1988 EE90 4 door corolla saloon and took it to the weighbridge near me.

It weighs in at 1020kg, with one person in and a few tools and bits in the back.

The haynes figure for my car is 990kg.

The haynes figure for the AE92 GTi is around 1100kg, the increase is probably due to all the extras like electric windows, sunroof and catalytic converters weigh more than you think too!

My brother has an EP71 Starlet and that used to weigh around 800kg but we've totally stripped it out and so it will hopefully weigh nearer 700kg.

I'd say the AE82 was quite compact and probably not much heavier than an EP71 starlet and I reckon 900kg is a good estimate.

James

Hey

i got Maxpowers figures for a few cars

Corolla gti's 1132kg's

AE86 GT Coupe only 979kg's

But 1600kg's is OBSURD! :lol:

AE82's i know are WAAAY lighter then corolla gti's so theres no wayy it could weigh near even the 1100kg mark

im sure ive read somewhere that it was 960kg. i think it was in the handbook, when i had my 1st one (this one hasn't got one, so i can't check :P ).

Corolla gti's 1132kg's

its surprising just how much weight extras add! :o

JT your right about the weight, GT's beat Gti's easily, WOUNDER!! but i was thinking about removing my P/S mechanisms as that also takes up a bit of your engines power, so you have more weight and less power, STUPID,

but then i like p/s so i dunno

Have been thinking about some sort of thing which switches off the p/s, that way you have the weight but not the power loss

Trust me, you'll miss power steering when it's not there - especially when parallel parking on a downward facing hill, which i have to on a regular basis - im surprised ive not got arms like popeye by now!

You'd also miss the central locking, leccy windows, mirrors...but that's what you get when you run an 18 year old car everyday :D