Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Really Needed!

RossP

Right, got my apexi rsm installed today, and i'm very impressed. It just needs to be set up correctly. So, i need to know the following info:

Standard tyre diameter;

Standard 10.l 3 door weight;

and amount of cylinders

all help greatly appreciated, and pics to follow in coming days

3 cylinders to get you going mate. Weight around the 1000kg mark I'd guess. No idea about the diameter of tyres, go and measure your old wheels!!! :thumbsup:

I don't have my old wheels. Nee to actually find out the diameter of standard tyres on a Vitz F, then divide it by the diameter of my new ones, then multiply by 100 to find the correction value.

Thought it was 4 cylinders? Oh well. And weight is 840 KG

Is it? The block doesn't look big enough thats all! :wacko:

Crazyness! :thumbsup:

it is 4 cylinders, a 1.0l 3 cylinder sounds like a car misfiring

Is it? The block doesn't look big enough thats all! :wacko:

Crazyness! :thumbsup:

You thinking of the Aygo, Ryan? That's got three cylinders. :rolleyes:

Right standard size tyre's on 13" steelies?

I'll check 2mo but I'm pretty sure its 185/65.

Then again I'm sure the Yaris had 3 cylinders! :P

Right i finally sorted it all. Now instead of the car idling at 300 revs (as was showing before on a 6 cylinder engine tht weighed an overall 1500kg :wacko: ), it's idling at anything between 700-900. Finally managed to get it to red line past 4500 revs as well. right, thanks for all your help people, i'm well chuffed with this so far and would highly recommend it to anybody. So many features. Then again, the fitting was a bit of a ***** apparently as my wiring was slightly different to the diagram Apexi provided

what does it actually do as i have looked at the sites and read but i still confused whether it is just a snazzy display or some sort of engine management? Are you actually controlling anything to do with the engine as you said you changed idle speed and that? or is it just a display? a bit of both? Please explain :D What exactly do YOU use it for?

It's a Rev Speed Meter. It has nothing to do with engine management, apart from the fact that I can cut off the speed limiter on my Vitz. Basically, I have it for a fancy Tachometer, as the Vitz does not come with one as standard. It displays the Revs in 3 different style. A graph, plain numbers and numbers combined with an analogue tacho. I was saying that it was idling low because I didn't have the settings put in correctly on the unit, even though it's wired directly into the ECU. The unit can also measure HP, G forces etc with the add on G- Meter chip (plugs in the bottom) but it can also do 0-100m, 0-220m, 0-400m times, 0-100km times etc.

Quite nifty I must say. I'll try to get some piccies up tonight if i don't have to go into work :ffs:

nice one dude, knew u were excited to get the unit, glad its all installed and sorted :thumbsup:

wtf is a cylinder????

ross it doesnt do much more than my G-tech..... and all i had to do is plug it in the cig lighter :P

Yeh fair enough mate, but mine's hardwired into the ECU and i presume from this that it gives it a lot more accurate readings. Looks nicer than the G-Tech in anycase :P

Here's a few piccies to keep you going for the time being. If anybody has any questions, don't hesitat to ask. Sorry for shappy installation, will look better in a few days when i make a bit to cover where the door used to be on the compartment. Then will be stuck onto that, at approximately same angle

DSC00665.jpg

DSC00666.jpg

DSC00667.jpg

DSC00668.jpg

DSC00669.jpg

Hmm im not sure you know! The casing looks nice but the display itself looks like old technology! i would have been more impressed with a TFT screen or the likes! The tachometer and speedo as a gauge looks super inaccurate as does the graph! Atleast you like it though and im sure it looks a lot better in person! I still prefer the top display 3D one thats standard!

Sure, a TFT screen would have been nice, give us the cash and i'll buy one! The graph was measuring the RPMs at the time, it can measure all, including speed and RPMs at the same time. Im prefer the top display though as well, but unfortunately mine doesn't have a tacho, hence why i bought this TBH

Thats cool! I didnt mean to knock you, it is very nice! i was just expecting more because of the hype (sp?) and the fact its an Apex product! Yeah suppose TFT screen would have been a bit more expensive :P I was just expecting something similar to the performance displays you get on pioneer screens with the engine monitor modules! Suppose then your talking super bucks though so this is very good for the price! I personally would have gone for a panel to cover over that gap with gauges in and a analogue Tachometer. Each to their own! If we all did the same it would be boring! i like how yours look though! nice to see a different configuration and solution!

Well done :D