Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Throttle Body

zebidi

Hey guys, i been looking at the veilside throttle bodies and to say really impressed, but what is the size of the yaris t sport one?

if not V.side what else is available? i cant shop as i dont know the size. hopefullty someone can shed some light on this subject?

Also most important of all, is there a point?

Also most important of all, is there a point?

I believe it lets more air in, so more fuel gets added to the mix so more power

Check envy performance as they have one on there, but i'm not sure who makes it

Give Kevin at Envy a call - hes been looking into this sort of stuff.

I know hes been looking at using this along with a Perrin uprated fuel rail...

personally i cant see the point without using a larger inlet manifold and ported pollished inlet.....

doesnt the ecu need to be remapped to recognise the need to add more fuel?

Theres a limit where it thinks theres something wrong so it doesnt add more fuel...something like that

I suppose it depends on the increase of air intake

Sounds about right moffmo because it is a closed loop with limits so it will inject more fuel if there is more air being recorded but only up to a limit. This is obviously because otherwise you could effectively spray endless amounts of fuel into the engine if you were reading a high air flow (Obviously injector capabilities limit it etc.). But yeah i would imagine you would need a ECU remapping if you wanted decent gains from it! (which i guess you would otherwise you would save your money!) Without a remap you may get away with it if the increased air flow readings are still within the ECU's limits. (or am i talking rubbish?)

Does the increased throttle body size increase the amount of air flow recorded or only the amount of that airflow recorded that gets into the engine when the valves open?

There is a VVTi controller available called the 'CAMCON' - it allows the VVti to be remapped to adjust the air and petrol ratio and when the actuall VVTi kicks in...

Made by a company called power enterprise ...

have you seen the price just for a throttle body,

on the envy website it's over £800 for the veilside one

i want my vvti kick in at 700rpm

:)

Nice Idea but you'd end up with lumpy idling, poor bottom end grunt and crappy fuel economy :)

Ok this is one of the areas my knowledge is limited in so bare with me! (i want to understand though so please answer!) The VVT-i technology changes the cam at a fixed rpm to change the way the inlet valve is opened (distance and time space?) right? It has two types, one for low revs low emmissions and nice smooth intro curve and then swaps to the agressive more higher peak hp one too give the pull higher up? (the lower one to stil give low end torque and the higher one to give high rev performance?) Right so far? Could you therefore change the two cams so you can make them both more performance orientated to a slight degree with a nice improvement in performance (not neccessarily driveability)? Therefore could you not sacrifice the low end drivability (only a little bit) to improve the early power curve for more performance? and then adjust the higher one by the same amount to get a higher performance overall?

If this is totally wrong please tell me as i want to try to atleast understand it! I understand it isnt all as hunky-doory as that but in theory is this not possible?

Cheers for anyones time and patience!

Woody

Ok this is one of the areas my knowledge is limited in so bare with me! (i want to understand though so please answer!) The VVT-i technology changes the cam at a fixed rpm to change the way the inlet valve is opened (distance and time space?) right? It has two types, one for low revs low emmissions and nice smooth intro curve and then swaps to the agressive more higher peak hp one too give the pull higher up? (the lower one to stil give low end torque and the higher one to give high rev performance?) Right so far? Could you therefore change the two cams so you can make them both more performance orientated to a slight degree with a nice improvement in performance (not neccessarily driveability)? Therefore could you not sacrifice the low end drivability (only a little bit) to improve the early power curve for more performance? and then adjust the higher one by the same amount to get a higher performance overall?

If this is totally wrong please tell me as i want to try to atleast understand it! I understand it isnt all as hunky-doory as that but in theory is this not possible?

Cheers for anyones time and patience!

Woody

I think its only VTEC or VVTL-i that changes the cams

well i kind of know/thought it changes inlet times or something to do with inlet-ness :P so i just wondered what specifically it did! cheers for the quick reply though mate!

err yeah but im probably wrong

im 110% wrong.. all the time.. everyones out there to prove me wrong..

(or make me look stupid)

for once in your life matt you right, the vvtl-i shifts the cam on to a diffreent set of followers, i believe.

Yup - spot on

Which is why abpve 6000rpm the VVTLi engines suddenly spring to life .. all the way to 9000!

by the sound of the post pascal posted, there is a change of cams except there are five profiles which it gradually changes through so you dont really notice a kick as it is constantly doing it! that rite? and vvtl-i also adjusts the time period they are open for hence more noticeable when you get to the higher cams?

think i might order the camcon sometime next week, anyone know how it works exactly? all the pages i go to are japanese :help:

1. you can translate them using google language tools! :D

2. I think it is an interface for the ECU so you can control the Air flow and fueling in relation to the Vvt-i technology! :D Sounds good!

Here is the link i read up on it:

poorly translated CAMCON info (from makers)

Edited by Woody27