Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Olympics

sotal

wtf.. the olimpics were on? :wacko:

oh well... its crap

no it wasnt on, weve just won the right to hold it in london in 2012

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GIDDLEPIN

• Moffmo

• Tegan

• sotal

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not really interested in sports either but to me the olympics is more than that

and id be very proud to go and wave a british flag and watch everyone from around the world united (even if its just for couple of weeks) :group-cuddles:

(Then no doubt they will go back to blowing each other up!)

Why is everyone so negative and synical (sp) about this? For me this is probably one of the most interesting things to happen to britain in a long time!

Im negative about the government in general..

they waste money anyway.. and this is wasting alot more money

I'm the same as Leeky and Ryan!!

It's good that we won, British Pride and all that but after that I don't really care either way :unsure:

I'm the same as Leeky and Ryan!!

It's good that we won, British Pride and all that but after that I don't really care either way  :unsure:

yup yup but its a few years away yet so we may change our opinions and decide to watch it! :unsure:

running, chucking, grunting, shouting.....

its dull and wil be the biggest anit-climax of all time (as are all olympic events) and us lot are paying for it in the next 8 years!

bout time they had some drift cars blating round the track, a quater mile and turn the grass into a donut area

now THEY are olympic sports!

running, chucking, grunting, shouting.....

its dull and wil be the biggest anit-climax of all time (as are all olympic events) and us lot are paying for it in the next 8 years!

bout time they had some drift cars blating round the track, a quater mile and turn the grass into a donut area

now THEY are olympic sports!

Thats what track days are for :rolleyes:

I too, could honestly not care less.... As far as I can see its another waste of time, another waste of tax payers money....

Are the people that are excited the same people that thought the milenium dome was a good idea???

no thats what the olympics should be for, running about and stuff is a primative thing now

we should be doing more advanced stuff, possibly with lasers to shoot each other :D

I agree with Jaxx... I also think hover boards, and skate boards with small jet engines should feature more, as well as monstertuck intervals :thumbsup:

There should also be an olympic gurning team :thumbsup:

no thats what the olympics should be for, running about and stuff is a primative thing now

we should be doing more advanced stuff, possibly with lasers to shoot each other :D

:lol: Why dont you write to them and introduce some 'New' sports! :lol:

Personally i think dodge ball should be an olympic sport :D

p.s Charlie no i didnt think the Dome was a good idea - as it seems to be only me thats excited about it! :rolleyes:

I agree with Jaxx... I also think hover boards, and skate boards with small jet engines should feature more, as well as monstertuck intervals  :thumbsup:

There should also be an olympic gurning team  :thumbsup:

hoverboards, jet powered skate boards, monster trucks and gurning!

i love your thinking!!

could also have a Top Gear style closing ceramony of ''how many sweaty athletes can you jump in a fully laden artic full of high explosives''

:thumbsup:

The games will be a massive boost to the London area with new facilities as well as boost to sport as a whole. Think how kids are going to be aspiring to win an olympic gold medal in london rather than nicking hub caps or wasting away in front of computer games.

Whether you like sport / government or not the olympic games will be a massive boost for the country.

Picture of olympic stadium a week before opening  :rolleyes:

img41.gif

Being a bit optimistic there Les... :yes:

rabbit_val-quarry-trai1-med.jpg

Who forgot to order the bricks???? :lol:

I think it's only fitting that we won the games..............compensates for the fact we'll hardly win any of the events.

Anyway........Olympics.............Ho Hum..........I'll be watching the Superbikes on Eurosport. - except for the beach volleyball of course, that would be a tough one to miss.

I think we used all the budget winning the bid

I know for a fact the bid has already cost more than a billion pounds of tax payers money.

I spent a while working with the company leading the bid - in fact the bid team sat outside my office.

They got £250 million in 2003, with the promise of £800 million for the next stage in 2004.

Thats 1.1 billion that I know of.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links