Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Tte Front Spoiler?

minidoughty

Mainly to camsaft and yarisnut but to anyone who can help, how easy is it to fit the TTE front spoiler? I'm thinking of doing it myself rather than taking it to MR.T, any helpful tips guys? thanks :thumbsup:

Easy peasy mate, take off the front bumper from headlights down, separate the 2 parts when its off and then attach the TTE to the top part of the original bumper and whack it back on! :thumbsup:

That would depend how experienced you are at these kind of things. For me, a complete newbie to doing this ... it was quite frustrating, probably bcos i had no one to help me and did it the more difficult way.

Be prepared to spend half a day doing it especially if your doing it on your own, as you'll probably find you'll need one person at each side when securing the spoiler. The easier way would be to take the whole bumper off attach it to the spoiler and put it back on, but this would be more difficult if u didnt have help as you'll be trying to hold the thing up (keeping it from getting it scratched on the ground) whilst trying to secure it.

What i did is just removed the lower bumper section and then replaced it with the spoiler. Sounds easy, but damn frustrating especially when lining the holes of the spoiler up with the ones in the dirt shield under the engine bay.

If you need any more details as to how to remove and secure the parts etc, then give me a shout. Generally it isnt too hard and you'll get a great sense of satisfaction when its done and looking mighty fine! :D

:thumbsup:

thanks guys :thumbsup: i fitted the side skirts with the help of a friend, so this shouldn't be too difficult. I wouldn't mind a quick run down of where all the fixtures are that i have to remove, to completely take off the front bumper. thanks.

Ok i'm at work right now so shouldnt be doing this ... but what the hell its for a fellow Yaris owner in need of help! :lol:

Right i'm not sure how the upper bumper comes off, so i'll tell u how i did mine.

jack the car up on each sides, i used axle stands. Underneath each arch is a nut, undo these and pull the dirt sheild back. Then you will see that the 2 parts of the bumper are held with a nut (one on each side) undo these.

Next there are 8 nuts (or 6 cant remember) that are found behind the black plastic strips under the lower bumper. Undo these as they hold it to the dirt/water shield.

Now that u have all the physical fixtures out you should be able to take off the lower bumper by pulling on each side. It should just pop off.

Now that you have the old one off its just a matter of assembling your spoiler and putting it back on in reverse order. Hope this helps!

:thumbsup:

Personally, I'd take the whole bumper off as it would seem a bit easier.

A bolt under each wheel arch, the 6 along the bottom. Pop the bonnet when doing this an you'll notice a plastic clip right in the middle and undo that aswell. Then its just a case of giving it a tug. :thumbsup:

Shoulb be looking good anyway! :D

soory got that lad down in the body shop to fit it, i`m good at getting bits but not fitting them, what the lads say sounds right :thumbsup: