Do Not Sell My Personal Information

G8 At Gleneagles

Scottish_SR

Anyone else been affected by this?

It took me 2.5 hours to get to work this morning instead of the usual 50 mins, all because people decided to chain themselves to cars in the middle of roads! :ffs:

fair play to them, sorry to hear about your delay but its all for a good cause

What cause is this then? So far all I have seen is random yobs putting steel poles through innocent peoples car wndows. Not getting their point over very well if they actually have one.

I can see some of them protesting for a good cause but some of them were just out to cause destruction!

I work near Stirling and it is totally wrecked! Lots of needless destruction!

Sod the damn protestors - they don't even know what they are protesting against.............. :ffs:

Most of them are just out to cause trouble and don't give a damn that the African nations can/might/will benefit from any decisions made within the Gleneagles complex this week.

These are the same type of idiot that came out and break windows in London a few years back on May Day in protest of people earning more than they do.

I'm ALL for Protests but use tact and dignity in doing so and not act like a common YOB by fighting Police and chaining yourself to sheep.....................

Bush is hardly likely to take a blind bit of notice of these idiots anyhow..............

Exactly! Some are protesting with good cause but others are just out to cause trouble! Whats the point in kicking a fully kitted out policeman in the riot squad!? :wacko: Only one winner there anyway!

considering im not in england i dont really see whats going on, but i thought they where for africa

Correct me if im wrong but i don't think the G8 are planning on removing Africa or anything similar.

Bannockburn (remember that? :P ) was a complete disgrace today.. they smashed up shopfronts and smashed up peoples cars.. then they throw trees onto the roads as blockades.. and some of them call themselves Eco-Warriors :eek: .. what on earth did a tree do to them?? :ffs:

I was on my way to work today and i went through the village of Newton (about 1 mile from the Forth Road Bridge) between there and the Bridge there was 3 police motorcycles, about 8 riot vans, and umpteen traffic cars.. not to mention foot patrols at every passport control office (bridge toll booth) and at every corner of the bridge... Traffic was a NIGHTMARE!!.

Still made it to work on time though.

Anyone else been affected by this?

It took me 2.5 hours to get to work this morning instead of the usual 50 mins, all because people decided to chain themselves to cars in the middle of roads!  :ffs:

Dirty, ignorant, little :censor: :ffs:

It hasn't affected me directly, but its caused a heck of a lot of disruption to plenty of "innocent" people...

My old man's lorries had to get to the sawmill at Cowie via the M90 and Kincardine Bridge - a significant and awkward detour when you're working against driver's hours rules and the prodigious thirst of a 44 tonne Scania. Once they got there the Police wouldn't let them leave for hours. If they'd seen a protester he/she would probably be quite a bit flatter now...

My boss's wife had to take the long and tourist-infested A82 on her way to Ayrshire today rather than the usual A9-based buzz...

Its just the fact that these people are so blooming arrogant and selfish. They don't care about the fallout from their meaningless stupidity and brick throuwing. You think it had the slightest impact on Messrs Balir and Bush? Did it hell!

Go get jobs and lives :angry:

[/rant]

Alan

It's OTT. The peacufull marching protesters ok. Once they started attacking the police and our property (cause I'm paing tax, and lots of it in Scotland) they should have been rounded up, detained, and spot fined like the do with us drivers.

Do you know if you leave your car engine running while stopped at the kerbside in Glasgow they fine you. Yes they do! and then thers all the other driving fines

But apparently it's ok to lay about the motorway, smash cars, damage buildings and attack the police?

You could not make this stuff up

On top of that most insurance policies do not cover acts of rioting etc so who pays for all the damage to the unlucky people who are direct victims?

My folks live in Perth - about the closest town to Gleneagles.

Dad has been stopped three times walking the dog, u can hardly park anywhere near the town and wait for it ... they've reserved all of the local skips on the assumption that they will need them?

And this has what to do with a peaceful protest?

I'm all for innocent protest, but this is just wrong IMO - its ok to put your voice across in protest but damaging property isnt going to make the G8 leaders listen - who wants to listen to a bunch of thugs??

Feel sorry for you Scottish folk who are having to put up with it. :group-cuddles:

I really feel sorry for Bob. He asked everyone to march peacefully on Edinburgh (and yes, I know the trouble isn't being caused by the folk in Edinburgh) and look at the result caused by a mindless few yobs.

I don't mind the real protesters, but the "anarchists" are the ones who are causing all the trouble. On one of the channels they had a reporter in with the "anarchists" and he was asking what they were protesting against and none of them had a clue. They are just out to cause trouble!

I think the police should just get the full riot gear out and plastic bullets etc. and give them all a good kicking! I'm sure if this was any of the other countries in the G8 the yobs would all be in hospital by now so it's not like we need show a good example to the rest of the world leaders.