Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do You Flash At Other 2s?

m4rk scotland

picked up my tubby last night. :D totaly loving it! saw another black mr2 in edinburgh today so i gave him a flash and he slowed down and gave me a wave.

got a few questions as well

1. how many miles have you managed to a full tank? i got 220 thought that was ok, (motorway no boosting)

2. erm wheres the switch to retract your mirrors?

3. iv read this bov posting but dont quite understand fully, can i get a bov that wont screw up the fueling? i was thinking a blitz one as folk dont seem to recomend bailly ones.

ta!

i try, but befor the lights actually come up, they have already gone past :lol:

Im running an "Assumed" Baily's dump valve on mine, and i havnt had any probs yet, not saying that others are wrong at all.

fuel, dont know, ermm, i went through £100 in my first 2 days of owning my tubby, now i put £37 in the tank other day and its last me 3 days, think about 180 miles.

Switch, well ermm, good question as mine dosnt have electric retractable mirrors, just do it by hand, dont know weather its just rev 3 onwards that have that function im sure one of the regulars will put you right.

how come anyone should flash other 2's lol there just mr2's nout special

Wash your mouth out!!!! :o

Spose it just like what the bikers do, shows respect for there choice of ride.

I saw a black one tonight on my way back from edinburgh, gave the guy a wave and 2 secs later he was on my tail!!

Turned out i'd met him before and he was making sure i knew he had a new car! :D

oh, and the button to fold the mirrors is on the door where you adjust them, its a tiny square button.

Also, where's the piccy's and are you coming to Envy this sunday with the rest of us????

hmm, unfortunity i have to work. if theres any mr2 meets or rolling road days id be interested in them though.

keep any on the events section, should be a meet in the next month or so with some karting and cruising included...start saving :D

SPAM!!!

Gaz, thought all imports have folding mirrors... didnt think it was an option.

Regarding to the original question, I get a few nods and thumbs up but never flashing, seems the MR2 drivers round my way are not really into being a proud owner! I always try and make at least eye contact.

When I was out in my mini every other driver flashed or waved, same with my dads old VW camper.

would do but i find that most of the mr2 owners round here are pretentious a**e holes

with the exeption of em_ar_two :P

but there are hardly any modded ones round here only ppl who driving them who think they are in the same (w*n*ker) class as ferrari owners lol

rant over :D

i agree, theres a few mr2s round here but most are owned by pricks, theres only 2 of them that have ever flashed back, one is a t reg rev5 owned by a bloke prob in his 40s who i see quite a lot, lovely car, and the other is a silver rev 2 owned by a young lad.

worst is when you flash and they turn there nose up at you, think theyre good cos theyve just upgraded from their fiat pandas!

I wave and flash, hardly anyone else does back tho. There's a handfull of mr2s in my town, so they all know my car etc. But on the motorways etc, they're all just rude buggers.

As for fuel??... lol... not tested it out that much. I just fill up when needed.

james i think your the only modded 2 owner around us, i aint planin on doing nothing to mine as you well know coz i think there not good well maybe its just mine. or maybe i just like big cars

EDIT: Language caution - do not try get arround the swear filter like this.

Edited by System~G

I drive a Mini as well and they 'flash' each other almost without fail. Also some people on the street wave. I tried in the MR2 but they just don't bother. Moody gets!

Worried that most MR2 owners aren't that bothered about what they drive.. its sad.

Yep, never known any other driver to wave so much as the mini owner, I bought a Cavalier after selling my mini and sometimes I would forget and flash them when I was in that!!!

james i think your the only modded 2 owner around us, i aint planin on doing nothing to mine as you well know coz i think there not good well maybe its just mine. or maybe i just like big cars

EDIT: Language caution - do not try get arround the swear filter like this.

Mate, just because you bought a nail does not mean you should make comments like this. Perhaps you should have invested wisely, done your homework and got an AA inspection before committing to a purchase. Any problems you have, you have brought on yourself. Granted you are entitled to your opinions.

Oh and I don't like being refered to as a "feeble Halfords worker" ;)

i think its sad when folks in similar cars are tooting and flashing at each other!

even see Imprezas do it these days!

i think its sad when folks in similar cars are tooting and flashing at each other!

even see Imprezas do it these days!