Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm Thinking About Buying An Avensis....

TDS

I'm going to buy my first Toyota.

An Avensis 2.0 TD LINEA SOL SDN IC 1998 it has 110.000 miles on the clock and costs 5400 quid.

1. Am I paying to much? It's with an official dealer.

2. How does this year rate with the 1999 or 2000 versions?

3. Should I buy it?

thats alot of miles

have you checked out other avensis for that price range??

Is 110,000 a lot for a 2ltr diesel? I thought Toyota diesels could run over the 3-400,000 mile mark?

A few months back a friend of mine bought a top of the range 2002 old model Avensis with 30,000 on the clock from a Honda dealer for £6,500 - it was petrol.

There's a few 2.0TDs from 2001/2002 with about 50 - 60K on the clock on Toyota's website for about 7K. You probably could haggle £500 off each which, IMPO, would seem a better deal.

TDS,

To answer your questions;

1. It depends on the condition of the vehicle so I don't know.

2. 1CD-FTV engine, the so called D4-D was introduced from year 2000, and I will certainly go for this. 2C-T engine which was used prior to this was OK but it is a bit out dated.

3. No. I personally think it is expensive.

An Avensis  2.0 TD LINEA SOL SDN IC 1998 it has 110.000 miles on the clock and costs 5400 quid.

3. Should I buy it?

I bought a '99 Avensis GLS last year with the same amount of miles from a car supermarket. Paid £4200 on it, including two years extended warranty but I think I paid over the odds for it then. £5400 for a high-milage, seven year old car is too expensive.

1998-2000 is the same car, the facelifted VVti/D4Ds were from 2000/1.

The old diesel is pointless - no performance and mediocre economy for a diesel (not much better for mpg than the lean-burn 1.8 petrol)

Expect the usual Avensis faults (leaking rear brake cylinders, weak power steering rack), and you'll have a car easily capable of doing another 110,000 without showing any signs of wear. But you could get a facelifted model for that money, or an '87 Carina E for half the price :)

Is that price euros or STG? I've a 99 2.0TD Luna, I'd look for luna spec as you'll get a few more goodies.. Apart from that I'd say there's a bit of leeway in that price... seems a bit overpriced to me...

Hmmmm you guys have me worried now. The car is in Holland thats where I live. Everything over here is more expensive now the Euro has arrived :censor: the Euro price is 6750 that is about 4750 pounds.

Thats the cheapest I can find in a dealer,I have seen another Avensis with the same milage 1999 model Linea Terra for 7200 euros even more!!??

Damn I risk trying to buy private?

I really need your help because I need a car within the end of the month.So how about this then:-

Toyota Avensis 2.0 D4-D LINEA SOL SDN IC 2001 with 215.000 km on the clock that about erm 140.000 miles. It tells me on the net that the D4-D is a stronger more economical and faster motor.

How far can this engine go without problems?

here is a picture http://data.toyota.nl/photos/23hjzk.jpg it costs 7,850 euro thats about 5500 pounds.

What do you think?

I paid £4500 for my 98 2.0 GLS Auto with 30k on it from my local Toyota dealer 2 years ago, £5500 with 110k on it is way over-priced.

Hi, I just bought an Avensis estate 2.0TD (T reg '99) 69,900 miles for £3,900 from an independent dealer. in good condition, a pleasure to drive but has no air con or sunroof. it's my first toyota too and so far i love it. check out parker's used car guide, there's a free section where you can look at prices etc. it's at www.parkers.co.uk Hope my rambling helps! J

An Avensis  2.0 TD LINEA SOL SDN IC 1998 it has 110.000 miles on the clock and costs 5400 quid.

3. Should I buy it?

Just shows the difference, quick check on a Irish website here shows a 2001 Avensis average price at 12,300 euros (8,466) and you can add between 1 and 2k for a diesel with average milage.

140k miles is a lot but if the engine has been well serviced it should keep you going for a long while yet. I have heard of taxi drivers getting over 300k out of these engines.

Have you considered importing from the UK ? From this side can save up to 2k euros on his type car.

Hope you get what you want.