Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help... It Wont Start.

daktari

OK Chaps see if you can get your heads round this one. Got the GT4 all ready to fire up this evening...... Problem is, it wont..... Rats.

Symptoms are:- Engine turns over for a second or two, catches, then dies. Seemed like it could be fuel related, So i bypassed the fuel pump relay. Lots of fuel circulating. This is good. But still refuses to run. Did a cursory check of all the connections and they all seem ok.

Did a diagnostic check, Nothing. So i`m wading through my Chilton looking for clues. Any ideas anyone??

By the way, the following may be of help. This has all been done since the car last ran.

1/ The fuel in the car is at least 2 1/2 - 3 months old.

2/ Aircon has been removed.

3/ The EGR valve and pipe has been removed - Blanking plates fitted.

4/ EGR vacuum module and VSV has been removed.

5/ The vacuum tank. T-VIS VSV and Turbo pressure VSV have been removed.

6/ Stainless manifold and downpipe fitted.

7/ Straight intake fitted. Wiring for AFM extended.

Hopefully it`s something glaringly obvious to someone. But i`m dammed if i can sus it at the moment.

Cheers all.

Dak.

LoL Think I will pass on this one :P

You and me both sweetie. :lol::lol:

Based upon your mods I'd guess an air leak somewhere in the intake system but sorry can't be certain. Get a damp rag and start feeling around the blanks with the engine running (watch your fingers) and you might feel it start to pull the rag is it is sucking from somewhere

Problem sorted... The injector solenoid resistor wasn`t plugged in properly. It`s a runner.... :D Let tweeking commence. :lol:

Cheers guys. I`ll get pics and stuff up in the other thread later today. Got to whip the rocker cover off again. Funny tapping noise. Wonder if thats where my 17mm socket went.. :o Only kidding... I think :unsure:

Problem sorted... The injector solenoid resistor wasn`t plugged in properly. It`s a runner....  :D Let tweeking commence.  :lol:

was gonna guess it was that too, rats . :lol::lol::thumbsup:

glad its running for you buddy. :yes:

Problem sorted... The injector solenoid resistor wasn`t plugged in properly. It`s a runner....  :D Let tweeking commence.  :lol:

was gonna guess it was that too, rats . :lol::lol::thumbsup:

glad its running for you buddy. :yes:

Cheers matey. :thumbsup: Still got a few probs. Tickover`s lumpy as hell and low. Fine above 1500 RPM. Got a stuck valve as well by the sound of it. Might be related.

Fed up now. Spending the rest of the day doin sod all. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links