Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My 4a-ge Engine's Knackered.

Harley GTI-16

My corolla's got 137k on the clock and a warped head gasket, but with that many miles im thinkin its best for a whole new block. but u stumbled across the 4A-GZE engine on the net the other day (supercharged? :wacko: ) anyone know about the conversion and if it can be done for a resonable price? cheers.

My corolla's got 137k on the clock and a warped head gasket, but with that many miles im thinkin its best for a whole new block. but u stumbled across the 4A-GZE engine on the net the other day (supercharged? :wacko: ) anyone know about the conversion and if it can be done for a resonable price? cheers.

around 2 1/2 to 3 k for everything, thats assuming your car is standard?

havn't had it done myself but when i was thinking about it(cant afford it :angry: ), this was the price that i was being told.

www.fensport.co.uk

www.jbmotorsport.co.uk <<<not sure on this link as to whether its correct.

Joe

For the gze conversion you will be looking at a good 3k, lots of little problems to iron out.

Why go S/c when you can get more power N/A? I'm selling my newly rebuilt 204hp N/A 4A-GE with EVERYTHING to bolt straight into your car.

PM me if its of interest to you.

Nathan

For the gze conversion you will be looking at a good 3k, lots of little problems to iron out.

Why go S/c when you can get more power N/A? I'm selling my newly rebuilt 204hp N/A 4A-GE with EVERYTHING to bolt straight into your car.

Nathan

more torque SC! 45% more according to fensport....supercharged acceleration will blitz a N/A

or am i wrong?

feel lik shooting my brother lol, he missed out on a chnace to buy a '89 levin gtz absloutley min condition in japan it's know sold.

anyway the 4agze should fall in direct from the ae92 levin i believe, if you buy the engine here it will cost you upwards of 1000 quid. great engine really but i would remove the s/c and go for a turbo setup and get 300 hp out of it instead. there is a way to have both but too much headache for us normal folsk lol.

Nathan

more torque SC! 45% more according to fensport....supercharged acceleration will blitz a N/A

or am i wrong?

Yes you are wrong!! Maybe to 30 or 40mph you might have the legs but thats it game over.

Lets put it this way - i dusted my friends audi S3 Quatrro (said to be 210hp with a fair wack of torque) from a rolling start of 30mph

Lets put it this way - i dusted my friends audi S3 Quatrro (said to be 210hp with a fair wack of torque) from a rolling start of 30mph

I can vouch for that! seen a video mobile clip of it doin a 0-60, it doesnt hang about, seriously!! :thumbsup: only reason I wouldnt buy the car is because i'd end up killing myself :eek:

hi nathanfreke how did u get to 204 bhp!!

i would liek to know as i am thinking of a future car around october and was thinking of a starlet glanza or a lLevin GTZ (can you tell i am going for the unknown car approach lol) any way i would love to know how u got that figure thats abour 60 bhp extra on a u.k gti or is this a black top.

p.m with further info please.

thanks

Have a read here:

Bill Sherwoods 4A-GE Site

He has been toying with the 4A-GE engines for some time and according to his site has squezed over 400bhp out of a 4A-GE B)

I think you'll need a lot of time, patience and money to go that far :)

he could go and gte a 20v and ad a supercharger from a gze i wonder how that would go.

dontbother with any of it. like the good old americans say "there aint no substitute for cubes" go on bung in a 3S-GTE and have done with it. what you do have to ask about tuning an N/A is how long will it last 204bhp from 1.6ltrs is pushing the bounderys a bit, speed and complete reliability now thats somthing else. my rolla is going to be mainly a drag car so not bothered about diong lots of miles but even pushing 450bhp it will still be fairly reliable

he could go  and gte a 20v and ad  a supercharger from a gze i wonder how that would go.

that would be doing things ubikways. whether u are turboing,or twincharging, u start with the 4agze. then u transplant it into the car. then u get it running as a supercharged lump. it is only then that u go off and have your turbo manifold made and start the expensive process of trying to turbo it.

and i have to agree with dawson. if u are trying to extract big power from the 4age, (like 300 bhp) ur better off transplanting the 3sgte, which wont be half as stressed with that kind of power output.

dontbother with any of it. like the good old americans say "there aint no substitute for cubes" go on bung in a 3S-GTE and have done with it. what you do have to ask about tuning an N/A is how long will it last 204bhp from 1.6ltrs is pushing the bounderys a bit, speed and complete reliability now thats somthing else. my rolla is going to be mainly a drag car so not bothered about diong lots of miles but even pushing 450bhp it will still be fairly reliable

YEAH!!!

just want to agree :P

A 3S-GTE would be fun but turbo is not my forte, n/a is more of an art. As for how long will my 204hp engine last? A fair while i would guess, as my engine has been built to the highest standard with the best parts. It runs std advance on the ign - only 11.0-1cr and ACL bearings. I dont have to push the setup to the limit because its been done right first time round.

Let me put it this way - you could have a 3s-gte making 350hp by winding the boost to 20psi and some dodgy chip and another making 400hp with forged pistons, cams, head work etc with much lower boost. Which ones going to last longer?

BTW formula atlantic engines are making about 270hp whilst group a 4ag's are pushing around 290hp while still remaining n/a - i know these are race engines but it just proves the potential of the engine and that my 204hp is not really pushing the limits of the engine - i'm just one of a few that have done it thats why it attracts attention. If you hear of someone making 200hp out of a b16 you dont batter an eyelid cos so many people have done it.

Nathan

Depends on what you can find i guess, price will vary on condition. If i remember correctly fensport sell them for about 550 (dont quote me on that though!) for an 'low milage' one.

The engine i rebuilt had done 145,000 miles and when i stripped it down i couldnt believe its condition, it looked like it could have done the same again! weather that was a one off i dont know but 4age's are renound for being robust and strong motors. The ONLY weak spot i know of is on the early early engines where the head gasket was the weak link but this problem was resolved in the later versions.

Hope this helps

nathan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links