Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hmmm How To Glue Back The Back Badge?

eternity575

Need to be mega carefulif u use glue ... Id go for those sticky pads...

at least that way if it all goes wrong you can get it off again without paint coming too

NO double side tape and cut round the edges with a sharp blade, do not use glue.

the thing is its just not strong enough... ppl will just pull it out very easily

time to de-badge so, it you make it harder for them to take them off, the harder it is for them to take it off so they might damage the car itself trying to get them off, i know it a pain but the cost of a Badge is far less than a bonnet respray.

NEVER. NEVER. use glue........ 3m double sided...

very stuff :thumbsup:

Surely superglue would be your best bet??

Glue will damage the paint and superglue will melt the plastic Badge.

Push comes to shove use the sticky double sided mirror pads, available from most DIY stores and they have a strong bond.

If you buy them from toyota for 3 quid, they come with the grey adhesive already on... but get it right first time becuase it sticks realllly well

If you buy them from toyota for 3 quid, they come with the grey adhesive already on... but get it right first time becuase it sticks realllly well

Or get yota to stick it for you :D

??? why will it melt the plastic.???

It’s best to use rubber solution glues on plastics.

Other solvent based adhesives can melt certain plastics, to eliminate that chance I recommend using the pads or rubber based glue, similar to the glue you find in bike tyre repair kit.

Otherwise you run the risk of damaging, beyond repair, the Badge.

If the sticky pads idea doesn't appeal, I'd go with a rubber solution adhesive as already suggested. After all, isn't this what a lot of manufacturers use anyway? Remember, you may want to remove it at a later date.

As for people finding it easy to remove, trust me, if they want your Badge, they'll have it. Thankfully those type are still in the minority.

what about hot glue? will it damage the car?

u know.. those glue guns...

could work?

You should try the glue we use in work, it's called mitre mate and it can be used on plastics metals and wood, and it dries in seconds, so no mess with glue running down your car. It should break off easily without damagin your paintwork if done correctly.

It comes in a bottle, with a activator spray to set it off.

I'd still go for something 'less sticky' if you know what I mean. It's always going to be cheaper to replace a Badge than repaint a panel.

I'd still go for something 'less sticky' if you know what I mean. It's always going to be cheaper to replace a badge than repaint a panel.

True, but some sticky tape will take your paint off, it's very sticky.

ill try to glue it with the glue-gun.. hope hot glue is not too hot for the paintjob...

ill try to glue it with the glue-gun.. hope hot glue is not too hot for the paintjob...

it shouldn't be,

shouldn't be any worse than leaving your car in the sun all day, and the glue dries in a few seconds

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links