Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lights Dimming

phil3345

Just got my car back.The window seal is fine no noise :D

I told them about the lights dimming they looked on the toyota

dealer web and its a complex problem also affecting the celica T Sport

THere are various solutions but none work.When toyota get a fix the car will

be called in.Fingers crossed then :bye:

just a quick point on the lights check all the connections on the Battery my mate had a simelar problem and the connection on the positive lead was loose

This has been covered in an earlier thread, but not got time to find it right now, but its worse for soem than others, I to have experienced it a few times, and await the fix, service is due soon will remid them of it then, but you can easyily simulate the problem, by opperating the window close button when the window is already closed, if your lights are on they will dim, worse still if AC is on, don't have a clue as to why, but await the fix <_<

What Gary the service manager said was that Toyota GB are aware of the problem

But there is no fix at present so we all got to wait!!!

Sounds like a product recall,when they get enough complaints usually a manufactory will recall the car and fix a commonplace problem found on a new model.

Only happened once on the avensis,twice on the primera gt

Mines does it sometimes but only when changing down gears when letting the revs drop when depress the clutch,

i think i might have experience it sometimes, but it really hard to notice, it happens for milisecond and they dim very slightly... for the issue I experienced, i would not go to the dealer for the fix...

If I have the Fan on full (maual system in 1.6T3, not full climate) when I depress the clutch the fans for the heating system get noticably quieter, almost like turning it down from setting 3 to 4. I only notice this at low speeds, i guess when faster the engine noise/wind noise drowns it out.

the lights also dim but only very slightly, and again i've only noticed it at low speeds and its very minor, I think maybe at high speed i'm too busy concentrating!

Is this a related problem?

I have reported the same problem to Toyota GB on my Tspirit 1.6. They say it is only a problem on the Corolla Tsport and Celica. I think we should all complain to let them know this is not the case.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links