Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is The Best Mr2 Colour

RichB

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheNissanMan

• Jimlad

• CraigT

• Funkadelic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A mate had a tubby that was McF1 metallis orange .. had black alloys and no kit or spoiler ..

Bit of a sleeper .. I've seen people pull up next to it thinking it's the 130 bhp coupe .. and then he'd boot it ..

I would have gone for the metallic blue because it's a fairly uncommon colour.

Tell me about it!

I've must've rung every dealer and scrappy in the world to find a wing the same colour but no luck.

The're are tons of black ones around tho. In the end i've ordered some paint and am gonna havta respray a black coloured wing that i got a hold of to the blue.

Thing is i'm wantin to get it sprayed black. So i dunno if i should sell my current car, then buy a black tubby for around 3-4g.

Think i should be able to offload mine for about 2.5.

I've decided that's what i'm gonna do...

Don't worry Ben i'm not deserting my dream of the black top ;)

Just thinking w. my head instead of my d**k 4 a change.

There's no way i can afford the black top atm, so in a few yrs

i'll pick up an n/a thats been shot to bits for dirt cheap, then go crazy on it!

I WILL have a black top 2, oh yes! :yes:

So... nautical blue metallic mr2 for sale boys, ne1 interested?

:D

-Z

Dont like them in white!!!

Makes them look sheepish

Ahhh sheep oops sorry boyo

Yea white look a bit crap in the rev1/2 as it was painted in Superwhite I. Late spec models in Superwhite II looks simply awsome. (Just look at snakeeaters)

Plus you got the jap drift slag look. I really wanted one in white and it HAD to be tintop..im also getting either white or black wheels in summer not sure which yet. Looks the nads in the later revisions. Apart from white ..black. Everything else just looks nice.

I'll be honest, when I was looking for an MR2 I would have NEVER gone for a white one. I wanted black or purple.

Then I saw the Rev 3 in white which looks COMPLETELY different to the Rev1 and Rev2. I went for it without hesitation and have never looked back. Superwhite II has got to be THE brightest white colour Ive ever seen (when its clean!).

As for the T-Top being too much of a contrast to the white. I can see your point but when the roof is off in the summer baby!..........

Boot grill? The engine lid? On the tubbies they are raised ..

Sorry yeah engine lid.

I knew the tubbys had raised ones but that looks different for some reason. Unless its the way the pic is taken.

I thought that too at first pal, but it just looks like the lights caught the engine lid contours well.

-Z

I thought that too at first pal, but it just looks like the lights caught the engine lid contours well.

-Z

Ah right I got ya!

I was offered a tubby engine lid the other day. Would have bought it if it was already in superwhite II but unfortunatley it was black and I couldnt be ubikd to get it resprayed :rolleyes:

mr2-02.jpg

I really must insist that black is the best colour ;)

black does look goo mate...

but I think my super red II will look loverly !

Our Toy is the best colour ( NOT ! ) It is white you wash it go in the house come out AND THEN NEED TO WASH IT AGAIN :censor: :censor: :ffs:

mr2-02.jpg

I really must insist that black is the best colour ;)

you have no side indicators at all mate...

is that legal ??

Or are they just smoked and I can't see them in the piccy ?

I don't have any, and it's completely illegal :ph34r:

The UK side rubbing strips just clip on and off and I'll just swap the repeaters back on for the MOT (car's an import). :thumbsup:

I don't have any, and it's completely illegal :ph34r:

The UK side rubbing strips just clip on and off and I'll just swap the repeaters back on for the MOT (car's an import). :thumbsup:

ever been pulled for it ?

good idea tho... I might do it.

I've only had the car a few days, mate so I don't really know. I wouldn't anticipate much trouble with the law though - I never see any police on the roads these days (a possible upside to all the sodding cameras)! If I do get pulled I'll just blag my way and say I was unaware that it was illegal etc...

Thank you very much. I need to beef up the brakes though as it is looking a little under-endowed.

Yours is also a very lovely looking MR2, sir. B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links