Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My T-sport....

ferrariboyuk

Another problem with my new t-sport!

The computer is constantly showing an average mpg of 36.1 - about 36.8. Why? My other yaris changes all the time between 21 mpg to 50 something.

Is the one on the TSworking ok or is this just a phase 2 thing?

By the way, any1 who knew of the leaking roof - the drainage pipes from the sun roof had unplugged! HA, of course. Why didn;t i think of that!

DOM

pres the trip button again its prob set to avergae at the minute, instead of current consumption

yeah its the average one i'm talking about. The current consumption is changing constantly, but the average one is never changing compared to my other yaris. The gold starts at around 20 mpg when its cold and gradually increases as it gets warm and actually seems to work. Unlike my t-sport. Even if i accelerate really hard all the time its still says 36.1, goign up to 36.8 if i'm lucky.

Press in the button that cycles you through the options until you get to the average mpg and hold it in until it beeps. That resets it. Now it should change. Remember if it's been on 36 or so for a while, it would take a lot of driving at a different mpg for it to change appreciably.

DOM,

Mines the same mate..it really doesn't change a lot at all. The average consumption one changes a fair bit tho. Had some "fun" tonight coming home from Basildon, going down to the 5 Bells was queued back to the Hospital so took the back routes via One Tree Hill/Laindon which I think put the consumption up a bit!! :D

I reset the average speed and consumption whenever filling up with petrol tho so it's "new" for a full tank of petrol

Blue

Don't forget to reset the 'range' too. :yes:

Ok, cheers everyone. :thumbsup:

I'll try and reset it. Never come across any problems, nor any need to reset in the phase 1 gold yaris.

I had a thought this morning that I had screwed it up when I took the dash apart to get the the head unit.

Hope reseting works. :thumbsup:

DOM

Don't forget to reset the 'range' too.  :yes:

Can the range be reset on the computer then? I thought it just automatically changed itself when filled up to show more miles obviously!

Seems like it's more of a P2 thing than a P1 thing

Ooh I knew I was gonna ask you something? I remember reading you said about Romford/Rayleigh and Chelmsford's bodyshops have moved out now? Have you contacted them yet to see what they are like? I remember getting one of of those monthly dealership leaflets from Romford ages and ages ago (when I had the T3 and I'm sure they mentioned the plans to move then).

Blue

Can't explain it but I belive that both the average MPG and average speed do lock up. Appreciate that if it's been on a certain value for a while...for the "average" to change you'll have to do either very poor mpg/speed or very high.. for a while for it to change.

but for example... mine was on 42.6mpg and 33mph average speed..the latter being a joke..always seems to be 33???

anyway after 5 hours of motorway driving neither had changed. I tend to reset them both once a month now.

vipes

The "Average Speed" of 33 m.p.h. is not a joke.

Remember that the average takes into account all of those times when you are stopped or pootling around town in heavy traffic at 5 to 10 m.p.h. as well as the times that you are at the legal limit (or above), so an average of 33 is not really all that bad when you think about it.

Just checked on average speeds in London 2002-2003 and it is only 15.7 m.p.h.

Edited by Red Yaris 54

Don't forget to reset the 'range' too.  :yes:

Can the range be reset on the computer then? I thought it just automatically changed itself when filled up to show more miles obviously!

Seems like it's more of a P2 thing than a P1 thing

Ooh I knew I was gonna ask you something? I remember reading you said about Romford/Rayleigh and Chelmsford's bodyshops have moved out now? Have you contacted them yet to see what they are like? I remember getting one of of those monthly dealership leaflets from Romford ages and ages ago (when I had the T3 and I'm sure they mentioned the plans to move then).

Blue

I've got the number of the body shop. Just need to phone up! I was told that they come to you rather than you go to them but cant say for sure.

But my dad dont seem too keen seeing as though its gunna cost over a ton. (He did the damage remember!) I heard about them moving too but didn't whether it was all of romford toyota or what. The day they do move away from me or shut down completey is the day i have a party.

The manual doesn;t say anything about reseting the range yourself - its meant to do it after a fill up. I put £2 of petrol in the other day with the range displaying '0'. Made no difference. Maybe i have a hole in my fuel tank.

I've never had to reset in my phase 1 yaris. :ffs:

I've never reset anything in my car - I try not to touch buttons incase I press the "self-destruct" one!

I dont know what my mpg is - I have my pooter set to range only, so I know how many miles I have left til I have to fill up again!

I've never reset anything in my car - I try not to touch buttons incase I press the "self-destruct" one!

There's a self destruct one? Wow I haven't "found" that one yet, there's time yet tho lol :D

The day they do move away from me or shut down completey is the day i have a party.

The manual doesn;t say anything about reseting the range yourself - its meant to do it after a fill up.  I put £2 of petrol in the other day with the range displaying '0'.  Made no difference.  Maybe i have a hole in my fuel tank.

I've never had to reset in my phase 1 yaris.  :ffs:

I hope I get an invite to the party if that ever happens :lol:

Maybe £2 was too little petrol to make a difference to the range amount? Perhaps it needs more to register on the actual computer?

I've had the "average" consumption on show last night and tonight to see how she fares, and it did actually rise quite a bit - she's upto 44.00 mpg now, has been better tho ;) I went over to Weald Park again today (near where you are) and managed to get it to rise from driving here to there :)

OK, here's what I've experienced. The 'range' works out how far you're going to get on your fuel, using your current average mpg and average mph settings.

Add some more fuel and it will add some more miles to your range, using those same mpg and mph settings.

Reset av mpg and mph then reset your range and you will get a reading that will be very impressive to start with but will then sort itself out according to your current driving style and conditions.

Handy if you've just filled up on the motorway. :thumbsup:

By the way, try to reset the range on the move and you'll get a message "RESET NG" which I can only assume means "not guaranteed" or something. Do the other resets then the range whilst stationary and you'll get a reassuring "OK" :yes:

I hope I get an invite to the party if that ever happens  :lol:

Yeah of course. :P

But a party doesn;t seem likey i'm afraid. Their doing the place up. No showroom, nothing. The salesman and women and the parts people are in those temporary offices.

The previa's alarm woke me last night at 2.40 (about the only thing that does!!) in the morning because the Battery was dying. Paid the lovely people at romford toyota a visit. joy.

I;ve not been to that park for a bit. The old yaris now drives like a camel so i tend to avoid taking my dog there. She's not allowed in the ts!