Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tinted Windows

SilverWolf

I'm considering getting tinted windows for my 2001 silver rav4

has anyone else done this ... or got any pictures to show how it would look?

thinking about getting mine done, the ones ive seen look well nice and on silver it will look well classy! some one just started on island doing pro tints ,have you been quoted any prices yet? :)

Can't make my mind up on this as a mod - will be interesting to see some pics if you do get it done.

There a an article in AutoExpress this week on tinting - don't think I would ever try DIY'ing it after reading it :D

thinking about getting mine done, the ones ive seen look well nice and on silver it will look well classy! some one just started on island doing pro tints ,have you been quoted any prices yet?  :)

Hi

Mine is not a rav4 but a landcruiser Prado 4x4 in silver

from drivers door to tailgate done in limo black (very dark)

both front glass done in 70% so that the police can see who is driving lol

mine cost £185.00 and what a great job to.

i'll get some pic's up in a bit

Howard

Hey - how close is Portsmouth to me - let us know where you got them done too when you post the pics (oh no not another tempting mod - please no more :lol: )

Hey - how close is Portsmouth to me - let us know where you got them done too when you post the pics (oh no not another tempting mod - please no more  :lol: )

hey

well mine looks real cool now!! :D

just looking for my cam :ffs:

its not to far from the m27 on eastern road going towards farlington

Howard

I'm in Waterlooville so right on my doorstep ...

Got my Rav done about 3 months ago by a firm called Over Revs uk (www.overrevs.co.uk) done quickly and clean on my drive. very nice job, sorry no pics

• 3 weeks later...

Also thinking of getting mine done but mine's a RAV4 Granite carbon quartz. I thought it'd look pretty good tinted but unsure as to whether to bite the bullet and get it done........what do you think?............... :D

Bite the bullet!

It looks good on most 4x4's providing it isn't Chav style completely black! :D

Yes- have decided I'm definately going to do it, plus some other bits......thinking windows then wheels then I'll take it from there - about time I got to spend some cash on mine rather than it all going on other halfs 350Z!

Don't forget the pictures once it's done!

:thumbsup:

Take a look at the limited edition XTR's in your local Toyota showroom as these come with privacy glass (tinted) on the 3 rear doors. Just bought one in Carbon Quartz, looks great. Thinking about getting the front doors done but not sure of the legislation.

My other half's had his windows tinted so I'm going to go to same place as him. Looking for some nice wheels as well - quite like the anthracite coloured alloys but would like something where the lip is polished - add a bit of shine.......any ideas?

Will definately try and put some piccys up as I get various bits done - was trying to put a pic on now as she is but having a few problems......

I plan to do my rear side winds, i'll buy the tint from Halfords or eBay, and have a go myself :) , its only a small window...what can go wrong :unsure: .

You're brave :)  I wouldn't dare - would definately mess something up........

I had my window van done recently, and i watched them do the job, seems you need a few tools ( bit like a winter scraper ), a careful hand and a hair drier :D .

Take a look at the limited edition XTR's in your local Toyota showroom as these come with privacy glass (tinted) on the 3 rear doors. Just bought one in Carbon Quartz, looks great. Thinking about getting the front doors done but not sure of the legislation.

I've spoken to a few firms / looked at websites about tinting

Theres a difference of opinion about tinting the front doors as they've got to allow something like 75% light through and most cars already only let 83% through at most,

This means that any additional tint will push it over the limit.

If you still want it doing some firms will do it especially if you say it's a show car and not for everyday use.

I think even if you do get it done it might not be worth the hassle of getting stopped by the police and having to prove they are still OK.

I still want to get my rear windows done but gotta wait til after our holiday to see if we've spent up!! :eek:

i have a silver 5 door and did limo black tint myself.

all windows rear of b pillar in limo black.

it is really hard to do well and as a result i ended up stripping it all off again a week later

it looked really well from outside but had too many blisters and foreign objects to look professional.

'

i also would recommend 'dark smoke' as opposed to 'limo black' for our climate - the interior was a bit too dark for my taste and the effect from outside would be very similar.

i'm going to get it done professionally in due course